Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Gastroenterologist make my anxiety worse  (Read 156 times)

Offline EsotericNonsense

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Gastroenterologist make my anxiety worse
« on: February 26, 2014, 05:51:25 PM »
When I first got anxiety attacks I got refereed to a Gastroenterologist to get an upper-scope exam. When I saw the gastroenterologist he had have this list of symptoms he had his patients fill out which resulted in me being paranoid that every symptom I had must be some horrible disease. The doctor ended up finding 2-3 micro ulcers and put me on acid reflux medication. After he had done the followup appointment for the upper-scope exam I stopped seeing the gastroenterologist because he was making my anxiety worse. I stayed on the acid reflux medication for a month to a month and a half before I stopped taking because it wasn't making my symptoms better.

The problem is that now my stomach problems, and other physical symptoms have come back. I saw my primary doctor twice after this. Once for a persistent cough, where I was having coughing spits where I felt like I was coughing a lung out and once for my stomach problems. He didn't seam concerned about either of them. He said the stomach problems are caused by acid reflux and that I should start taking the reflux medication again, but that medication didn't work the first time and anyways my stomach problems don't feel like acid reflux. It really feels like there must be something else wrong.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Gastroenterologist make my anxiety worse
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 05:53:37 PM »
There are many reflux remedies out their; both pharmaceutical and natural. I would talk to
your GI or a natural pharmacist or physician and see what they say.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Gastroenterologist make my anxiety worse
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 10:06:01 PM »
I don't think you should stop seeing your gastro doc because it made you anxious. Doctors are suppose to know all your symptoms. I have annual preventive exams that make me anxious but I still do them. You need to tell the doctor the meds aren't working.
Bookmark and Share