Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about HIV  (Read 208 times)

Offline tsh003

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worried about HIV
« on: February 26, 2014, 05:09:01 PM »
Hello all, I write to you from my dorm room at school where I'm currently trying not to go crazy. About 3-3.5 weeks ago I hooked up with another girl here, I didn't know at the time but have since found out she has quite the track record here (she's been around...ALOT) - before I knew this though, we proceeded to get intimate and she performed oral on me on two separate occasions. I was completely open about my past and more-so open about the fact that I have herpes type 1 on my genitals. I wouldn't be so worried about all this if it wasn't for the fact I think I had the very start of an outbreak the second time I got oral. (which can supposedly facilitate the spread of HIV)

It's now three weeks later and I've developed a sore throat, which, of course, can be read as a symptom of ARS - There is no flu, rash or any of the other symptoms so I'm not sure if I'm just overthinking this or not. I got an antibody test done at 22 days and it came back negative. I talked to her and she said she got tested in December and it was all negative. I would believe her, but then again who knows how many potential exposures she's had. I plan on getting retested at 5-6 weeks.

but for now, I really don't know what to do, I've never been this afraid in my life
Bookmark and Share

Offline beast216

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about HIV
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 06:06:38 PM »
Don't worry until you actually have a positive result. I did the same thing years ago when I got thrush in my mouth. I thought about all the morally casual woman that may have given me HIV.

I got tested without even knowing during other blood work and it came back negative. I had wasted so much time worrying about it. Just be smart and have fun. Get tested again but don't worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline scared_ter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 06:09:43 PM »
You won't get it from receiving a bj, regardless of herpes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »
She was negative in December so she doesn't have it 99%. Odds of getting it through oral are almost zero. She would need to have cut in a mouth to have some chance.

Repeat in few weeks if you wany, but I am sure you are fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline orpheus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 06:23:53 PM »
Hello all, I write to you from my dorm room at school where I'm currently trying not to go crazy. About 3-3.5 weeks ago I hooked up with another girl here, I didn't know at the time but have since found out she has quite the track record here (she's been around...ALOT) - before I knew this though, we proceeded to get intimate and she performed oral on me on two separate occasions. I was completely open about my past and more-so open about the fact that I have herpes type 1 on my genitals. I wouldn't be so worried about all this if it wasn't for the fact I think I had the very start of an outbreak the second time I got oral. (which can supposedly facilitate the spread of HIV)

It's now three weeks later and I've developed a sore throat, which, of course, can be read as a symptom of ARS - There is no flu, rash or any of the other symptoms so I'm not sure if I'm just overthinking this or not. I got an antibody test done at 22 days and it came back negative. I talked to her and she said she got tested in December and it was all negative. I would believe her, but then again who knows how many potential exposures she's had. I plan on getting retested at 5-6 weeks.

but for now, I really don't know what to do, I've never been this afraid in my life

I was in your scenario in 2008, except I had unprotected sex with a healing wound on my genitals (not open). I too got an antibody test at one month, then three, then six months. All negative.

I think many people who show antibodies within the first few weeks, so even there it seems very unlikely that you have it.  Moreover, I getting HIV from oral sex is very rare. You'd have to have an open wound and she would have to have cuts in her mouth.

Herpes is easier to spread than HIV. I learned after three years that my ex-girlfriend hass herpes II and we had unprotected for 3 years. I tested and came back negative for herpes. Not saying you should sleep around. People get herpes and HIV. But it's actually not easy to transmit unless there is blood involved.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: