Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need help about my white blood esoniphils  (Read 180 times)

Offline Hekopeko2013

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need help about my white blood esoniphils
« on: February 26, 2014, 04:39:21 PM »
Hi there , im 29 years old and few days ago i had a blood test and shows everything normal except something called esonophils its 12% and normal should be up to 5%  , my doctor told me its caused by infection or some allergy but i cant convince myself im normal and lead me to anxiety and feel afraid , because when i search on internet i read things could cause high esoniphils like bad diseases , a lot of things but dont know what i feel . Please i need help
Bookmark and Share

Online Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need help about my white blood esoniphils
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:11:53 AM »
Eosinophils are white blood cells your body produces to scour bacteria from your tissues.  Think of them as little germ hunters and you won't be too far off.  Having a slightly elevated count just means that there is a minor infection somewhere (one you might not even be aware of) that your body is fighting off.  Usually its something like a minor cough or sinus issue like we all get this time of year, nothing to worry about.  If your doc is not concerned than you shouldn't be either...they went to school for 8 years to get that MD after their name so have faith in their advice.  On that note:  STOP GOOGLING!  the internet is a hotbed of sensationalized worst case scenarios and Web MD is worse than useless.  Now take a deep breath, try to relax, and hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 09:10:38 AM »
Mine were elevated when I had blood work 6 months ago. Doctors are trained to look for issues. I asked my doctor what causes that and he said allergies. Makes sense. Especially this time of year jumper. We live in  NC and flowers are already blooming on the trees. Makes sense your eosinophils would be elevated. You can also have unknown animal, or food allergies. If there was cause for alarm your doctor would NOT ignore it. Trust that :) they get in big trouble if they miss things. They don't want to miss things.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hekopeko2013

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 09:52:16 AM »
Thank you so much for reply , im trying to not think about it , stress jumper i think you give me a good explaination about bacteria , because after that i had a stool analysis and show many bacterial cells and kind of bacteria called helicobactera pylori , i hope this is the reason , my worry only developed because in 2008 i checked my blood test and esoniphils was 7% and i thought its will increase more in my next blood test , but majority of doctors i visited say im fine and this is because allergy or infection , i dont have allergy to specific thing but i have permanent nasal congestion and mucus
Bookmark and Share

Tags: