Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: weird feeling when falling asleep...  (Read 259 times)

Offline eddy1608

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
weird feeling when falling asleep...
« on: February 26, 2014, 01:43:07 PM »
i get this sometimes its very weird its like your throat kinda feels tight and you cant get a fall breath or like a missed breath. hard to explain its when i lay down flat to go to sleep i dont have it all the time thought. its really hard to describe, if anyone has or had this and knows what i am on about that would be cool.
thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
Re: weird feeling when falling asleep...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 01:59:05 PM »
I don't know if it's the same thing, but will it wake you up real fast when it happens?  To me it always felt like I was going to throw up (no nausea, nothing comes up in throat, nothing like that, but the throat just gets this weird feeling and I jump awake), it will only happen if I am laying on 2 pillows or something to watch TV, but like you said, laying FLAT it never happens.  It's such a weird feeling.  It's been happening for about 15 years, now it doesn't even scare me, I get it, then just turn around and pull the other pillow out from under my head.  I was then blaming it on GERD, but you describing it as a tightening of the throat was a good description.   I make sure I don't have anything pressing on my throat either like pushing a blanket up around my throat, something to that affect), THAT makes it worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline karachondria

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Obsessed
    • Poke This Member
Re: weird feeling when falling asleep...
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 02:16:59 PM »
I know what you're talking about and I get this too! It gets harder to focus on breathing  when I think about it
Bookmark and Share

Tags: