Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Colon cancer? So scared :(  (Read 691 times)

Offline Jess0617

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Colon cancer? So scared :(
« on: February 26, 2014, 12:49:30 PM »
Hey guys. For the past 4 days or so I have had a dull ache to the right of my belly button that occasionally is shooting pains and it also hurts to poke around on my left lower stomach as well. I am 19 years old and have no family history of colon cancer but I'm so paranoid. Doctor gave me urine test which was normal, a pregnancy test that was negative, and an abdominal xray that showed stool in my colon though I haven't felt constipated. She doesn't think it has to do with my ovaries and doesn't suspect appendicitis and just thinks I'm constipated and has me on miralax which hasn't done anything for me. My roommate gave me some of her laxative tea and I woke up with a crampy stomach and when I went to the restroom I had a few skinny short snakelike stools and that's it. I feel like I can't go. No bloody stools or anything though. I'm so worried :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jess0617

Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Colon cancer? So scared :(
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 12:50:29 PM »
Nervous I have a tumor or something blocking it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline reece

• Rec's: 13
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 01:14:45 PM »
way too young for colon cancer....not likely at all. colon cancer takes a LONG time to grow, you would have had to have gotten it when you were like 12 in order for it to be big enough to cause those symptoms now. and colon cancer doesn't happen to someone so young.

you are constipated. drink some prune juice. a few sips will like have you cleared out in no time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jess0617

Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 02:35:46 PM »
I've never had regular bowel movements though I go once every two days. I feel like if I was constipated i would've been able to fix that from the laxatives, I'm scared something's blocking it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 03:31:17 PM »
Flex your stomach muscles and push hard on all the areas and see if you still feel the pain. If so then the pain is muscular. I thought the same thing except my pancreas, then I flexed my stomach muscles hard and still felt the pain and I have VERY hard solid abs, so I realized it was a strain from lifting heavy furniture down my apartment stairs
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 04:36:22 PM »
Actually reece that is not true. Cancer has no age. Jess, the x ray would have shown if you had cancer. It showed constipation. Call your doctor and tell them the miralax isn't working. Lots of people have constipation issues.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 27
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 04:54:53 PM »
Like Brick said, if the x-ray showed stool in there it WOULD have showed a tumor, so relax...
Once I didn't go for 2 weeks (as a child), I took ex lax and I STILL didn't go!  (this was back in the 60's when everyone was a lot more laid back) I even forgot how I finally was able to go - but no doctors, nothing was wrong... and I'm still here :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jess0617

Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 04:59:10 PM »
I have this right sided dull abdominal pain though and even the laxative tea my roommate have me made me feel super crampy like I had to go but when I tried I couldnt
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 27
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 05:01:25 PM »
Maybe whatever you had in there that the doctor saw already came out and it's just gas or something.  Colon cancer wouldn't hurt like that, but trapped gas would and you wouldn't see gas on an x-ray
Bookmark and Share

Offline reece

• Rec's: 13
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 09:44:30 AM »
brick,
colon cancer in a person that young is really really not likely. cancer knows no age is a very broad statement. most cancers do have age risks with them.
colon cancer is one of them. although i suppose someone very young could contract any type of cancer, it is not the norm. the screening for cancers starts at a certain age for most types because age is a risk factor.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything