Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: stomach question for those who have had babies  (Read 133 times)

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
stomach question for those who have had babies
« on: February 26, 2014, 12:30:32 PM »
Question for those who have had babies ...

So my anxiety has been heightened due to changes that are going on, an increased demand of my time, sick kiddos (they keep getting sick!), and not properly taking care of myself (sleeping enough, exercising, etc.) so that's a bad combo for me to discover something.

Anyway, I had 2 big babies two years apart (now they are 5 and 3) and all the baby weight was all in my stomach.  My stomach still doesn't look right (and I know it probably never will).  My question is ... does your stomach feel the same on both sides when you feel it?  Especially the lower part?  I don't think mine does.  There is no hard lump but it feels lumpier (soft though) and I have no idea what I am feeling.  I feel like I feel "more" on one side than the other.  And since my anxiety is heightened, I am worrying that something is growing there that shouldn't be.  Has anyone had experience with this?  I should add, I only really notice it if I am laying completely flat and feeling - and I have been checking it whenever I can.  I am constantly thinking about it and I am trying really hard not to let it bring me down.  Please help!
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: stomach question for those who have had babies
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 01:36:09 PM »
Hey :) I have a 19 month old and due again in June but i agree with you my anxiety started when i had my son i also don't exercise (really as a mum who has the time?!) lol. Gotta say i can't really relate to you with the stomach issue i was very lucky with my son hope i'm the same this time but you need to remember that your body has gone through pregnancy and child birth twice! of course your stomach muscles and insides are going to not be the same as before your body goes through sooo much in pregnancy so changes happen. For example with me and excuse TMI but my lady parts have changed significantly since i had my son (natural labour, no stitches) but i often worry if this extra skin i now have is considered 'normal' or the lumpy bits etc you get my drift... anyway i've had it checked out a few times and they say there isn't anything wrong its just the after effects of child birth! The joys! lol... Try to relax and please dont prod and examine this so much because that will only increase your anxiety to convince yourself there is something wrong. If you didn't touch you proberly wouldn't even notice :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 01:42:42 PM »
Me me!!  I have the same thing.  My kids are almost 4 and 2.  My belly used to be much smaller - now it is soft and not pretty lol.  BUT, when I look down at it - my left side sticks out farther than my right.  I noticed it after the birth of my first child.  I don't know if it was always like that, or of he did it lol.  After we have babies - everything goes south - literally :) 
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 01:46:17 PM »
Did you have your kids vaginally or c-section?  I had five pregnancies; four were c-sections and one was vaginally.  My stomach definitely is not the same.  I have a low scar from the c-sections that feels bumpy.  There are also many spots that have no feeling. 

I would imagine that anyone who's gone through a pregnancy has issues of some sort.  Something that is just not the same from before they were pregnant.  I agree with Gemmaa in that the stomach muscles change so much during the pregnancy that they probably will never be the same. 

I'm sure you're fine.  Maybe ask your OBGYN at your next visit.  They'll probably feel it and tell you that's normal.  Don't worry yourself. :) 
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 03:30:48 PM »
Wow.  Thank you ladies.  That helped.  Both kids were delivered vaginally and 9+ lbs - so they were big.  I have had yearly ob appts & pcp physicals since.  All fine.  Last one was a general physical this past July.  Don't remember if she felt my stomach but I did have bloodwork & everything was fine.  My ob appt is coming up and I will definitely ask.  You ladies are right - it only bothered me when, with my anxiety, I noticed it.  The extra lumpiness is definitely in the softer areas, so to say, and I know I have pulled muscles in that area before.  My mind is just obsessing.  THANK YOU ALL for your responses.
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Tags: