Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: this has been nagging me...  (Read 458 times)

Offline Misty1989

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: this has been nagging me...
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 03:47:09 PM »
Relax I've had animals who never got their shots and I lived in the woods they never got rabies take a deep breath and relax.
Bookmark and Share

Offline reece

• Rec's: 13
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 05:56:28 PM »
i wish i could relax. it looks like she will get her vaccine on march 8. then it takes 2 weeks to kick in. then i have to wait 10 days after that in case she got exposed before it kicked in.

i need a better plan, than just obsessing and worrying for the next 30 days!! OMG.

seriously, any helpful tips. i'm just not thinking clearly....
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 07:41:37 PM »
i  just want to resolve these feelings about this. the only way that they will get resolved is when she is vaccinated,(2 weeks after actually)and when she is still alive.

so, how do i do this

Reece, I don't mean to be a nag, but asking for reassurance about this on here is CERTAINLY not the way you're going to resolve your feelings/fears on this issue. It NEVER works that way. These obsessive thoughts you have are brought on by YEARS of practice on your part. To fully feel "resolved" or "okay" about this issue, you're going to have to do the hard work of retraining your thought patterns—and this is no easy/fast feat.

One thing's for sure, you're not going to get some magical piece of news that will suddenly make you feel better about this, because you're right—it's that 0.00001% chance that will still nag at you. But guess what, nearly EVERYTHING in life is at least 0.00001% uncertain, and usually more. Why you're choosing to obsess about your puppy and the possibility of rabies, well that's anyone's guess, but I guarantee, this has much less to do with the dog than it does with issues of control and order in your mind.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 05:34:57 AM »
You're more likely to die in a car accident on the way to the vet than you are from getting rabies from a puppy who was out of your sight for a couple of minutes.  Dogs are one of life's great joys - take in and enjoy every moment you have with that little bundle of love!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline reece

• Rec's: 13
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 06:33:49 AM »
thank you all.  vardnas, you are right. i have gotten several reassurances, from here and my family, but of course, it's not a magic potion.
i appreciate your directness, and again ask, what can i do. i said before that i need to figure out what i can do to help myself in the next 30 days. if anyone has an reminders on how to retrain my thought patterns, etc, that would be great. i do much better also, if i have a plan.
so for me, when i'm in this loop, i usually need reassurance, a plan if the fear does happen, distraction, - what else can i do?

right now, i'm just living in fear that she will die and i will freak out!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: