Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Embarrassing but scary topic (TMI)  (Read 864 times)

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Embarrassing but scary topic (TMI)
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 05:35:50 AM »
Well I had a bowel movement and it was a darker brown again, but I would like to know what I can do about this.

I want to have a CT scan once and for all but my doctor won't order me one.  Which I find quite interesting, because my older sister had abdominal pain once and they ordered her an ultrasound AND a CT scan immediately and nothing was wrong.

Well I have been constantly seeing doctors and not one of them will order me a CT scan.  I actually just read an article about a 23 year old woman who had pancreatic cancer.   :(  The abdominal pain is gone now, and the back pain has almost disappeared...so how do I get a CT scan?  Should I just ask (or even demand one)?
\

How could you have pancreatic cancer and NOT have diabetes?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 11:36:24 AM »
I know that doctors say that every patient is different.  There are a few instances when diabetes doesn't present itself in patients with pancreatic cancer.  I was able to eat 2 bananas this morning and that was okay...I at least didn't have that stomach pain, although it feels almost like a knot when I don't have the pain.  It is literally right above my navel.

I had another bowel movement this morning and it was a normal brown color (sorry TMI I know).  I haven't weighed myself because I'm worried that I will see that I have lost weight.  I just wish that this would end.  And every doctor that I mentioned pancreatic cancer to looked at me like I was crazy.  I want to mention that I eat A LOT of burgers, junk food, etc.  It has been that way for over 5 years, because since I work at a fast food restaurant, that's where I eat very frequently.  I know that eating that for a long time really increases your chances of developing pancreatic cancer.

I'm debating on whether or not to see my GP this Thursday...because I want to ask if they can do anything to at least see what's going on INSIDE rather than just assume nothing is seriously wrong.
Bookmark and Share

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 12:46:48 PM »
It's OK - I know I am dying of colon cancer (today) - yesterday it was something else.  I have had this weird nagging pain in my upper right quadrant.  Luckily I am an x-ray tech and had one of my friends ultrasound my liver, gallbladder and pancreas. They all looked fine.  The other issue is that I have had constipation and then diarrhea and then constipation etc... I never have these weird problems with my stool lol.  So I am convinced I am at the end.  Although there is no blood in my stool and I think that would show up if it were colon CA.  Either way, I am over feeling this way too.  I think that sometimes anxiety can cause all kinds of stomach issues.  It is amazing how powerful our brains are - I have a weird numbness on the right side of my face x 1 month.  It comes and goes - I used to think it was MS of course - but now I know it is anxiety.  I can just think about it and it appears.  So, I am convinced that our minds are strong and can manifest weird sensations and pains when we think of them too often.  Ugg... I just want it to stop :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 01:14:54 PM »
IBS can and does often manifest itself this way.  I can promise you that if you had pancreatic cancer, you would know it.  You would be very, very ill.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 05:59:52 PM »
I was doing okay before work, but when I was driving to work I suddenly got the sharp pain above and in my belly button...and it was only there.  Then the rest of the day, I had and still have bad lower back pain.  The abdominal pain has subsided (but I'm sure that will surface shortly after typing this).

I just worry that I go to the doctors, and they say "I'm sorry, but you only have a few weeks to live, because you have pancreatic cancer."  I am no stranger to back pain, but I know that some people can go over 1 year without being properly diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 08:52:46 PM »
IF you had it, which you don't!, that's not what they would say.  They would say this used to be a death sentence BUT there is a new procedure which allows us to get all or most of the cancer and when combined with chemo, you will be OK.

I know 2 people who have had pancreatic cancer. Both we're extremely ill and had to be hospitalized before diagnosis.  One chose just to have the procedure, no chemo, and he lived another 2.5 years.  The other had the procedure and chemo and she's doing very well!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: