Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared about pregnancy  (Read 231 times)

Offline Chantelle

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Scared about pregnancy
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:08:18 AM »
I've tried to stay positive about my pregnancy so far but I'm starting to have a really hard time.

My symptoms don't seem to be strengthening and frankly, it's starting to scare me. I feel like I barely have any symptoms this time around. I'm approx. 6 weeks pregnant and last time I had rapid heart beat, nausea in the morning, urgency to pee, dizziness, etc. This time my pulse is totally normal, I have a bit of bloating/constipation, occasionally feel more hungry than usual and that's it! I know every pregnancy is different but I kinda freaked out today when I checked a message board that I frequent for pregnancy and two of the ladies in my group, who were also experiencing barely any symptoms, miscarried. I started crying immediately and am terrified now that the same thing is going to happen to me!

Has anyone had few symptoms in their second pregnancy? I'm really scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared about pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 09:12:26 AM »
Hey Chantelle. I'm over 5 weeks now, and I also don't really have any symptoms. My boobs are a little tender, and I was dizzy a week or so ago, but that could have been from starting my lexapro back. With my first pregnancy I didn't have any symptoms really either except sore boobs until I got to 8 weeks then I started having food aversions and stuff... Pregnancies are different! You don't need to have certain symptoms or any symptoms to have a healthy pregnancy. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 09:13:02 AM »
If you are worried, I would  consult your physician.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Allytiel90

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 09:14:06 AM »
Have you been to your OB yet? I went last week. Getting blood work and the works next week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chantelle

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 09:51:01 AM »
Thank you for responding.

I have contacted my doctor and unfortunately they said they can't get me in until early April :( They did say I could go for my blood work at any time so I am going this Friday. I'm assuming they will check my HCG levels at that time?
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 09:59:22 AM »
YES! My second pregnancy was totally different in the early stages! With my first, I knew I was pg before I even took the test by the way my body felt (sore, enlarged breasts, fatigue, etc). The 2nd pregnancy was a total surprise - I didn't feel anything AT ALL! Relax, you're fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 10:00:49 AM »
If they won't get you in until April they obviously know that is totally normal.  I only had one pregnancy so I can't be of any help, but I've had friends with more than one pregnancy and each was different!   They'd be lamenting how "Oh this pregnancy is terrible and my first one was like nothing!"  or vice versa.   See, you made the mistake of going online and finding that.  No matter WHAT you would put in google you'd get conflicting stories, and not only that, if it was positive you would then search again to make sure the 2'nd story confirms the first, and the 3'rd story confirms the 2'nd... then finally you'd find that negative story and fixate only on that one (I'm assuming you are like me, that's what I would have most likely done - not anymore though).  Please don't google, just enjoy the pregnancy :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chantelle

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 02:01:22 PM »
Amy, that's reassuring! I really hope you're right.

Sunlover, I didn't go online looking for symptoms (I've been very good about not Googling lately!). I was on a message board that I have been frequenting for YEARS and where I share pregnancy news, symptoms, etc. I happened to mention that I had very few symptoms and a few other women chimed in and said they felt the same. Three of them have since miscarried...so it was a case of very bad luck.

I guess though if I want to stop scaring myself perhaps I shouldn't even be going on pregnancy message boards?? Since it seems to build up a lot of anxiety in me when I read disconcerting things.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kmm110

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 06:54:09 PM »
I'm 7.5 weeks pregnant. I noticed that those pregnancy boards can really scare me but I am on them all the time too. Reading about all the miscarriages is terrible but I try to think that everyone's pregnancy is different and reading about it doesn't mean it will happen to me. I also did a lot of posting about lack of symptoms and found it is pretty common for symptoms to vary. Right now I have sore boobs and tiredness and I'm hungry a lot but that's about it. I was worried too but had an ultrasound last week and saw the heartbeat! I really think that when the 9 months are over we will be grateful we didnt experience a ton of symptoms like others do :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline jessica0113

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 09:21:59 PM »
I was also freaked out my second pregnancy- no symptoms at all.  No problems, healthy baby boy in the end.  :-) 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chantelle

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 08:38:08 AM »
Thank you for your replies ladies. They help me feel a little more reassured. I have to go for blood work today which I'm kind of freaking out about (as usual!) but I guess it's best to get it over with.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: