Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Depressed and worried  (Read 97 times)

Offline KevinMcGovern

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Depressed and worried
« on: February 26, 2014, 08:37:15 AM »
I can't stop thinking about having these types of illnesses and diseases. It's distracting me from my school work and life itself. I've been thinking about my death and how it's going to happen. I've 100% convinced myself I have cancer and it's tearing me apart. While looking into the mirror I pulled my bottom eye lid down and saw that on the bottom of my eye was a grey spot. This quickly made me think it was something serious. No matter how many times I'm reassured it never works. I'm even afraid to go get it checked out because I'm afraid of the answer that I'm afraid of, which I'm pretty sure all of you know what is. Everything has been horrible for me. I've been feeling depressed and like nothing is worth it anymore. No matter how happy something makes me these thoughts come back to haunt me. It's like If I'm having a fun time with my family I'll think "You better enjoy this now because you're not gonna be around anymore soon because of the cancer." I understand that sounds crazy but that's how my mind is. My eyes have been burning lately which goes to show that I thought that just because they are burning it means that I might actually HAVE cancer seriously this time. I don't even know what to do anymore. I don't even think anyone would take the time to actually talk to me about this. I'm scared and alone. I just want to be my old self again  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Depressed and worried
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 09:16:42 AM »
Welcome to anxietyzone. I would talk with your parents, clergy or a mental health care professional about how you feel.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline KevinMcGovern

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Depressed and worried
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 10:11:53 AM »
Talking to my parents about this is very overwhelming and impossible. As much as they love me and want to help me the only response I get is "You'll be fine". What am I suppose to say after that? Every time I try to tell someone about my problems I end up looking like a psychotic weirdo and no one pays any attention to it.
Bookmark and Share