Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: When is a resting high heart rate dangerous?  (Read 230 times)

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
When is a resting high heart rate dangerous?
« on: February 26, 2014, 07:00:31 AM »
Hi all I just want abit if advice on this I've been going through CBT for 6 months and I've learnt that there is rarely a big concern over a high heart rate when it's due to anxiety so I just accepted my heart beats fast and that's it. But I've been ill past few days with a sickness bug and I checked my pulse (I very rarely check it) and it was 120bpm I'm also pregnant so not sure if pregnancy effects your heart rate but surely that is very high?! I was concerned about my heart constantly been at like 84bpm but 120 surely needs to be checked or is it cos I've been ill? I've been stressing myself out over this which is annoying cos I've not thought about my heart for months I've had 2 ECGs both come back normal I also had a ct scan for a blood clot which was clear I'm only 21 years old not big on exercising but I don't drink or smoke? Any advice will be much appreciated :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: When is a resting high heart rate dangerous?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 07:34:36 AM »
My resting heart rate is 110. 84 is nothing to be concerned about at all. It's still in the normal range. That is like worrying about a temperature of 98.8. Pregnancy will make your heart rate faster and obviously so does being sick. Your body is working harder in both cases.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 11:31:21 AM »
I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you must though, you can call your doctor's office, and ask the doctor or his assistant about it. They will tell you that its not an issue, and to schedule an appointment if it continues for too long or gets worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 11:58:37 AM »
Pretty sure during pregnancy your heart rate is higher. I know when I'm not feeling well my pulse is usually faster. Oh, I took my BP a few hours ago and it measures pulse as well and mine was 118 for some reason (not pregnant!), I do have a headache right now so maybe that's it. I'll try not to add this to my list of worries lol. I think you're fine, and so am I!  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 01:28:11 PM »
Thankyou for all your replies! I'm feeling abit better than earlier not been sick since this morning and heart rate as dropped a little (i think) lol. I hate been ill  :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: