Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: ALS Fear  (Read 228 times)

Offline Roberta

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
ALS Fear
« on: February 25, 2014, 09:12:47 PM »
I have had twitching going on for 10 months.  Of course, I Googled and ALS came up, so I've had this fear in my head for the last 10 months.  Well, I finally went to the doctor and it turns out I DO have clinical weakness in both my arms and legs.  I'm a 4 all the way around, including the cranial muscles.  My reflexes were normal and was negative for Babinski, whatever that means.  The doctor was concerned, but I asked him if he thought it was anything life threatening or would paralyze me.  He said no but is sending me for an MRI and said we'd "go from there".  Honestly, I can't eat, my stomach is sick and I'm a bundle of nerves over this.  I did have tingling in my hand when he hit a part of my arm, and I have heard if there is sensory issues, then it sides against ALS, but I can't seem to shake this whole gut wrenching fear I have.  He told me at 10 months out, I'd be in really bad shape if I had ALS, but that didn't calm me down at all for some reason.  I've had dry eyes and really dry mouth along with slurring since last August, but he didn't seem concerned about that.  He said he couldn't hear anything 'off' in the way I spoke.  I've had parotitis a few times since last July, and he said he things that my salivary gland has something to do with talking funny.  I refuse to Google any of this.  That's how I ended up in this situation in the first place.  But its not helping with the horrid fear I have now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: ALS Fear
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 05:33:41 PM »
I am sorry you waited for response for so long.

I alao agree with your doctor that with ALS your condition would be much, much worse after 10 months. It's just how that disease works.

When those twitches started 10months ago, were they constant? On which part of body you had them at first. Was ot only one limb? Did the twitching switched limbs?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: