Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Any information about Broken Heart Syndrome?  (Read 206 times)

Offline Alphaba79

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Any information about Broken Heart Syndrome?
« on: February 25, 2014, 01:22:44 PM »
Hi,

I am having a difficult time stopping thoughts about my current HA worry: Broken Heart Syndrome. I recently discovered it while reading an article in one of my health magazines. It is also known as Takotsubo cardiomyopathy.
Apparently intense stress can weaken the heart, causing it to beat irregularly which can lead to acute heart failure and death.
I'm just devastated reading this as so many doctors and most literature consistently tells anxiety sufferers that their anxiety is benign and does not cause any adverse health effects. According to what I've read about Broken Heart Syndrome, long term stress can lead to a malfunction of the heart.

Now I'm freaking out. I've been under tremendous stress lately, much more than normal and it is causing me to panic that I'm going to drop dead from acute heart failure which is making it worse! I already have long standing worries regarding my heart and this new information makes it 100 times worse! I'm very upset and frustrated as when I am experiencing a panic attack or heart palpitations, a part of me used to hang on the little piece of hope that my stress is anxiety and can't hurt me. Now I'm finding that information is false.

Please help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Any information about Broken Heart Syndrome?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 01:32:20 PM »
When I read topic title I was sure your boyfriend left you or smth  :bigsmile:

No need to worry about that, and stop reading those kind of articles. We are all stressing with HA constantly. Is it good for your health? Not really, but now you are stressing about stressing. You see how pointless that is? You can't protect yourself from everything and i don't think anxiety is that much damaging to your health.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Alphaba79

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Any information about Broken Heart Syndrome?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 02:52:42 PM »
I know, it's an odd disorder.

Worrying about worrying, it sounds awfully silly when you put it like that, doesn't it?   :laugh3:

My current situation which has upped my stress level is non-health anxiety related. It has to do with my husband who is currently living abroad right now and about to undergo a very critical visa interview which is going to change our lives for the better or for the worse. We've been doing a LDR for 5 years now and this interview will basically determine if the last 5 year were all in vain or not. It has me stressed to the brim, not sleeping, sick to my stomach, heart racing, etc... and I'm primed for stress-induced heart failure.

Only one week more that I have to deal with the overwhelming uncertainty. To a long-term anxiety sufferer, this waiting period has been endless torture and horrible "what if" scenarios.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: