Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Nervousness/Anxiety  (Read 182 times)

Offline Salus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Nervousness/Anxiety
« on: February 25, 2014, 10:34:41 AM »
Why do i get nervous when i get up in the morning when i have something good coming up this weekend, its almost like i want to flee from these good things, perplexed?
Bookmark and Share

Online mollagan

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Nervousness/Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 10:41:45 AM »
Salus,
I get that feeling a lot too... when too much is going well, its like, well when is it going to get bad again. Or I feel lost not having anything to worry about. You just have to keep thinking positive and remind yourself that its ok to have a good day or be excited about some upcoming event. Don't flee! Let yourself be excited and maybe try not to over-analyze. Easier said than done, but thats what I try to do :)
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 21
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 11:02:17 AM »
Hi Salus...

For those of us suffering with anxiety disorders, it is very common to report an increase in symptoms, upon waking in the morning.  Mine seems to be always worse in the morning, and I tend to have the least symptoms in the evening hours.

At the beginning of the waking cycle several things occur.  One's heart rate increases, blood pressure rises, hormones surge around the body, and there is a general state of arousal that accompanies the transition from a sleep state to that of waking.  For the person who suffers with anxiety, this physical state of arousal can cause an increase in symptoms, partly because they are so sensitized to associating this arousal state with anxiety.  This can trigger an immediate emotional response where the prospect of a whole day of anxiety can cause an almost immediate slump in mood.

When starting your day, there are things that you can do to minimize your anxiety level.  Exercising burns up adrenaline and offers a useful distraction from ruminating and worrying.  As one completes a workout, heart rate and blood pressure decrease and a sense of wellbeing is created from the natural endorphins produced.  Meditation or some form of relaxation technique can be beneficial.  And allow yourself time in the morning for a good breakfast.  Low blood-sugar levels can contribute to anxiety.  Also stay clear of caffeinated beverages.

The very best to you, Salus!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Salus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 07:11:48 PM »
Thank you Good advice Molly and Mobile
Bookmark and Share

Tags: