Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I have HAD IT with negative interactions, hateful looks, etc..  (Read 854 times)

Offline anxiousperson2014

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have HAD IT with negative interactions, hateful looks, etc..
« on: February 25, 2014, 10:03:22 AM »
It seems like almost everyone I met this morning, acted really rudely towards me. This is in addition to my experiencing essentially bad luck at every turn (coffee spilling, trains late, accidentally bumping into people, etc). Needless to say, I feel like a complete and utter loser right now. I am contemplating hurting myself with food (using excess salt, diet soda, etc). Just bc I am so p**d off at all this crap I'm getting. This won't be the first time I have resorted to attempted self harm out of frustration. I am getting a bit worried about this. Every morning, I assess myself based on how many positive and negative responses and interactions I have had with people. I grade myself a failure about 8 out of every 10 times. Of course, that then leads to self harm attempts. I would not ***** because I know that's wrong. Even worse, if you try and fail you spend God knows how long in a psych hospital. Clearly, not worth it. But I want this cr*p to end, NOW!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I have HAD IT with negative interactions, hateful looks, etc..
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 09:49:56 PM »
But they're strangers. So why does it matter? You'll never see them again. They have already forgotten you. It makes no difference to your life if they like you, so why does not liking you make a difference? It doesn't make you a failure, either; dirty looks, tuts, muttering, are all just facts of life, not a sign of any ineptness on your part. There isn't a single person in the world who is liked by everyone. In other words, you are no different from me or anyone else, so stop putting yourself down - not one of those people is superior to you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bukowski

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 12:16:28 AM »
But they're strangers. So why does it matter? You'll never see them again. They have already forgotten you. It makes no difference to your life if they like you, so why does not liking you make a difference? It doesn't make you a failure, either; dirty looks, tuts, muttering, are all just facts of life, not a sign of any ineptness on your part. There isn't a single person in the world who is liked by everyone. In other words, you are no different from me or anyone else, so stop putting yourself down - not one of those people is superior to you.
Your post should be on a motivational poster.

(Sorry about the redundancy!)
Bookmark and Share

Offline fortunetsoul

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 12:34:41 AM »
I get anxiety when I feel like someone is staring at me, because I used to get hot flashes, so I would think maybe my face was turning red, it's crazy how one (or two) inadvertent looks can trigger a full blown panic attack.  I wish people could be more sympathetic towards others, because you never know what someone has been through or going through and how what they say or do could dramatically affect your day/mood.  I do think we perceive a lot in an incorrect way, when having all the luggage from our past always on our shoulders, is a catalyst for what we imagine is being directed at us.  I find it helpful to read as much about anxiety disorders and the triggers and how it can affect us is very helpful, as is a shoulder to cry on, and as much as people seem to be very judgmental, if they knew exactly what you were feeling, they would be very sympathetic. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline LucyW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 09:52:52 AM »
I got angry once when people were doing this to me and decided to reflect back to everyone what I got, and then I was the evil jerk!  The only thing that works is not reacting at all, something that was impossible for me before medication.
Bookmark and Share