Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Wellbutrin XL, Klonopin, Remeron, what a world!  (Read 417 times)

Offline kutekat

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Wellbutrin XL, Klonopin, Remeron, what a world!
« on: February 24, 2014, 10:14:01 PM »
after having 2 months of bliss on prozac, klonopin, and trazodone daily everything went down the tubes when I upped my dose on prozac. I guess SSRIs just do not mix well with me, after having a similar experience on celexa and a horrible experience on zoloft. This sent me into a week of suffering. Attempts of *****. Let's keep it at that. Now i'm on Wellbutrin xl 150mg, klonopin 1mg twice a day, and 15mg remeron at night. If anyone has had success with any of these meds (except klonopin, that's been a staple in my cocktail) then please let me know. Sad how things can go wrong so fast. But I'm glad I survived my ***** attempts; I do not want to give up fighting my demons. So here I am, slightly back at square 1. I will let everyone know how things progress  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 105
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Wellbutrin XL, Klonopin, Remeron, what a world!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 11:44:31 PM »
I guess SSRIs just do not mix well with me,

Unfortunately, SSRIs aren't the answer for everyone. I can't tolerate them either.

Now i'm on Wellbutrin xl 150mg, klonopin 1mg twice a day, and 15mg remeron at night

While Wellbutrin isn't a first choice antidepressant for someone with anxiety disorders, some do well on it and could be the ideal med for you. Remeron is quite sedating so would be a good replacement for trazodone, though it is more likely to poop-out.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline kutekat

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 12:23:52 AM »
I guess SSRIs just do not mix well with me,

Unfortunately, SSRIs aren't the answer for everyone. I can't tolerate them either.

Now i'm on Wellbutrin xl 150mg, klonopin 1mg twice a day, and 15mg remeron at night

While Wellbutrin isn't a first choice antidepressant for someone with anxiety disorders, some do well on it and could be the ideal med for you. Remeron is quite sedating so would be a good replacement for trazodone, though it is more likely to poop-out.

Ian

oh i know wellbutrin definitely isn't good for anxiety disorders, but i have heard it is very good for depression, and that is the main thing right now. if i don't tolerate it well I am going to try effexor. bottoms up!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kutekat

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 02:32:29 PM »
another thing Ian, I have heard that generic versions of wellbutrin xl are pretty crap. If I don't feel any improvement and/or have bad side effects, should I try another generic brand or maybe try the 2 a day sustained release? Right now I am getting my generic from global pharmaceuticals, haven't heard many complaints about their generic but I don't know.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 04:35:46 PM »
Right now I am getting my generic from global pharmaceuticals, haven't heard many complaints about their generic but I don't know.

I think your looking for problems which probably aren't there. Global are the generic arm of Impax Laboratories which are a well known pharmaceutical company in the CNS field so their drugs are likely to be okay. If you have problems it probably won't be because of the med per so, but your individual response to it, or lack thereof.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline kutekat

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 05:06:13 PM »
Right now I am getting my generic from global pharmaceuticals, haven't heard many complaints about their generic but I don't know.

I think your looking for problems which probably aren't there. Global are the generic arm of Impax Laboratories which are a well known pharmaceutical company in the CNS field so their drugs are likely to be okay. If you have problems it probably won't be because of the med per so, but your individual response to it, or lack thereof.

Ian

Thanks for the reassurance Ian.

an update for anyone interested: I am already feeling better. the only side effect is a bit of anxiety but that is probably from the EXTREME stress I have been enduring the past few weeks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 05:15:32 PM »
that is probably from the EXTREME stress I have been enduring the past few weeks.

Is there anyway you can reduce it?

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline kutekat

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 03:38:23 PM »
that is probably from the EXTREME stress I have been enduring the past few weeks.

Is there anyway you can reduce it?

Ian

the only way i can reduce it is if i don't do anything about it, but since it involves someone's life and CPS i can't. but i will have to get by somehow.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: