Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: GAD?  (Read 96 times)

Offline nutmeg

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
GAD?
« on: February 24, 2014, 09:02:29 PM »
MY PCP diagnosed me with GAD.  My symptoms: anxiety (of course) and non-restful sleep and fatigue.  Now what I am really scared of is that this might be what some would say is chronic fatigue syndrome, which in my research is rather hopeless.  GAD?  Not so much.  I've had anxiety in the past, to the extent that I really considered *****.  I went on Lexapro and came out of it.  This time I'm doing the same.  The thing that is different this time is my trouble with sleep.  I sleep but its light, not restful.  It is this that leads to fatigue (I think). 

Any thoughts?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: GAD?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 05:47:52 AM »
Lot of people can have a few hours sleep. Get up still feeling tired. I think some people fall into the trap of trying to force themselves to sleep. Which is always wrong. That only keeps a person awake. Just try and relax in your bed. Deep breathing exercises if you have to. So you are fully relaxed. Maybe even a radio on. So your mind will have something, other than yourself, to focus on. Then let sleep come to you. I know it can be a bit frustrating if you we feel like we have no really slept. We can get wound up. This is something we shouldn't do. Again we simply try out our relaxation methods. To remain calm. It may take a week or two. But we can put things right. There are even such things as mood lights. They mimic the rising sun. Great for first thing in the morning. Just try and few things out. I am sure you will find something that will work for you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: