Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Heart palpitations and heart worries randomly came back  (Read 455 times)

Offline drewsif204

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Heart palpitations and heart worries randomly came back
« on: February 24, 2014, 03:42:25 PM »
Like the title says my heart worries have reappeared out of the blue. Basically i had my heart fully checked up about 2 years ago (if not less than 2 years ago) and everything came back perfect. I'm a healthy 22 year old male. However, about 2 days ago after a meal with friends i suddenly became aware of my heart beat. It wasen't beating particularly fast nor slow.. it was just kind of there. I noticed that if i tried to pay attention to it i would have a skip type feeling, but not exactly. It was more like i had one beat that beat harder than the rest. And of course this wasen't followed by any heart type symptoms that i am sure were not caused by anxiety. So... this made me really sad. Like depressed. I was so happy that i had stopped worrying for so long that i thought maybe i had finally coped with my anxiety. Its been about 3 days and i can't seem to shake my worrying. My chest is sore and i really have to concentrate not to focus on my heart beat! Its terrible. My concern is that i'm going to subconsciously knock my heart out of rhythm by these palpitations or something in that nature. I know the internet says palps are normal and to not be concerned but.. yeah. Also dose anyone thing that a full check up of my heart almost 2 years ago is a little dated and that my heart could have changed since then? Sorry for ranting, thanks for reading.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dcam90

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart palpitations and heart worries randomly came back
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 06:48:17 PM »
I know exactly how you feel man trust me, i'm dealing with the same thing. Noticing the heetbeat and feeling all throughout your chest and abdomen, feeling of skipped beats, feeling as though your heart-rate is changing frequently and sometimes your chest muscles feel tired. It can be quite scary and traumatizing to have a constant worry about your heart. Just the fact that i know i have something in my chest that needs to constantly contract in order for me to remain alive scares me. Sometimes i wish we didn't need hearts to live i'd gladly have my removed cause it is the main cause of all my stress. You're not alone my friend. Getting it checked out by a doctor couldn't hurt.  just to put your mind at ease, set up an appointment with your doctor :)

Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 01:00:23 AM »
Your young, you've had a full work up and you are fine. I'm 23 and have the same issues with you. I did read online that it usual takes 5-10 years for your heart to change, so two years is no biggie. People get palpitations all the time. We anxiety people just tend to recognize them more often. Just remember it's all anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline uno76

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 10:15:41 PM »
Oh wow...My last meet with cardiologist was so almost 6 yrs ago. I've had two recent ekgs though within past few months. Is that ok I wonder? I ask because I'm having palpitations too-kinda like you described. I get them especially while eating and sometimes talking. I was just sitting and got them also. It feels like it skips a beat,pauses or something. It is scaring me I know that.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: