Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Post-break up anxiety  (Read 189 times)

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Post-break up anxiety
« on: February 24, 2014, 03:14:27 PM »
Hi all.

Two days ago, my relationship with my boyfriend came to an end. We had been together for almost two years. I've done enough crying to fill a 5 gallon bucket and feel so low and miserable. Unfortunately, because of all this stress and change, my GAD has decided to rear it's ugly head again.

I know grief is a normal process of healing after a break up. All I'm asking is for some encouraging words or tips that you guys have to get me though this tough patch. I'm exercising regularly and trying not to dwell on what could have been. What would you guys do? What have you done?

Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Post-break up anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 06:38:43 AM »
Crying is good for you. But at times we can overdo it. Get sucked in to this place were it is more than tears. It is pain and constant memories. I think it is worse if you are the person who was dumped. Because you might have a head full of questions. Pen and paper might be the simple way forward. This is all about letting go. Might sound odd. But just stick with me on this one. A letter to him. Letting him know exactly how you are feeling right now. If there is any hurt there, add that in too. Now you finish your letter. Now try and answer it. As if you were him. Then you might get some answers to what your subconscious mind is really thinking. As to why he really wanted out of the relationship. This is not all about sending him the letter. Once you are done answering the letter you burn both of them. It is simply about letting go. If you feel anger within or any hatred at all it is time to let it all go. Because that will only serve to hurt you. You are the person with those feelings inside of you. The person we are feeling them towards, feels nothing at all. Once we burn our pages we are letting go of all we feel within. Then we can make a list of things we would like to do. Things we can do. We focus on these new things. It may take time. But should you feel anything during this period simply write it all down. Then burn it once done. Writing it down is getting it out from within. Building ourselves back up can take a bit of time. But I am sure in time you will meet another person. I am sure you have a lot to offer. Just keep that in mind. Believe in yourself. Life will reward you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Post-break up anxiety
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 06:00:31 PM »
I started writing everything I've been feeling for the past two days. It's quite liberating to be honest. And since I have no intentions of anybody else reading it except myself, I can be painfully honest. It does feel good. Each morning I keep reminding myself to take it one day at a time.

Thanks Cuchculan, that was great advice  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: