Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Period  (Read 137 times)

Offline rubee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Period
« on: February 24, 2014, 11:16:04 AM »
My period feels so different this month.. Like it doesn't even feel like a period. I'm worried I'm just bleeding and it's nothing to do with my cycle  :( It started a couple of days ago - I went for a pee, then wiped downstairs and there was blood on the toilet paper. I checked the toilet and no blood - I freaked out. Then the next day I went to pee, no blood, but a few minutes later I got some which was kind of like period. But since then it's only really come out when I pee/go to the loo. And it doesn't look how it normally does. It's very light and almost pink/orange in colour and I've passed a few clots. I usually have very heavy, red periods. I'm so nervous  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: Period
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 12:33:30 PM »
Are you on any birth control? New medications? Are hormone issues possible?

There are a lot of things that can cause an "odd" period, including nothing! There are more benign possible causes than sinister possible causes, so try to relax, although it's easier said than done.  It's always smart to just run any changes in your period by your GYN or GP, so that's what I suggest!
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline colorlessideas

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 12:36:29 PM »
Did it start at a normal time? Most likely it's just hormonal fluctuations, nothing serious to worry about.

Bookmark and Share
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Offline rubee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 01:32:07 PM »
I've never really had 'regular periods' and I was always told it was because of my medication I've been on since I was 13. I'm still on the medication now, but a couple of months ago I tried lowering my Sertraline 200mg to 100mg. A little while after then I got a period end of December that was a bit weird/lighter than normal. Then didn't have a period again until the one that just started a few days ago, but a couple of weeks ago I put my medication back up so it might be that.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: