Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: At the GP  (Read 319 times)

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
At the GP
« on: February 24, 2014, 10:06:00 AM »
Well here I am this morning. Going to try and figure our my 4 months of night sweating and itching :( so scared I feel like I'm gonna puke. I know I'm about to get diagnosed with lymphoma. My sweats got worse after I quit my birth control. I thought it was causing it but doesn't appear to be. My sweating at night been especially bad past 4 nights. And I'm 5 weeks pregnant. There's more at stake than just my life. This is it. I'm so so scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: At the GP
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 10:21:01 AM »
Try to relax, it probably has something to do with your pregnancy.  Let us know how you make out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:32:19 AM »
I said in another thread yesterday (maybe to you?) that it sounds hormonal and I didn't even KNOW you were pregnant.   Let us know how you make out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 11:56:17 AM »
When I was pregnant I had night sweats every single night. I also had them once I delivered the baby. They have only just stopped and he is almost 11 months!!

It's hormones xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 12:22:44 PM »
Yep. I agree with everyone else. Relax.

Anxiety + pregnancy = all kinds of funky "symptoms" that are all normal!
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 12:23:33 PM »
I've been sweating for 4 months. I've only been Pregnant this past month. Doesn't line up unfortunately. My doctor did an all over exam,again he can't feel anything. Says for my peace of mind he will refer me to talk to an Oncologist If I want. That very word is horrific. Onocologist. Since I'm preg they are limited with the tests they can do. I hate hate hate that me and my hub made this dumb mistake. We knew better. Now that oncologist says the only test she can run on me would be a bone marrow biopsy. *faint*. I've heard the horrors of bone marrow biopsies.  They did a blood test today that might offer some insight. A tsh test (thyroid), uric acid, and lactate dehydrogenase test. I feel like I am fighting to get tests and fighting to get answers. My doc says he doesn't think I have lymphoma, yet he offers no other explanation. Yeah thanks doc.... I hardly feel any better after that appt. only thing good is that they are running those blood tests. I'm sure they will come back bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 12:33:45 PM »
My anxiety started oct 2010. I started getting night sweats early 2011 at peak of my anxiety. When I calmed down a bit the night sweats went away. I wasn't pregnant then.

I didn't get pregnant till summer 2012. Then sweats started again.

My anxiety has been terrible since giving birth and the night sweats would not go away.

They went away 3 weeks ago since I stopped my daiy body checking and panic attacks stoppedZ

I've seen a haematologist who deals with oncology ad I was examined and lots of bloods done and all came back normal.

Your gp sounds like he is only sending you because you keep pushing am I right? Has he said he thinks it's anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 01:06:25 PM »
My night sweats actually started when I was staying the hospital with my daughter for 4 days when she had surgery. It sucked. Her being stuck in bed constantly, wanting to get up, trying desperately to keep a 1 year old entertained while my hub got to go to work, trying to get her to take a nap only to have someone bust in cleaning the room and wake her up, nurses coming in all night long.... Horrid time.

My GP Is the one who prescribed me the lexapro. He doesn't think I have lymphoma but I was sitting there sobbing and he said he could send me to the oncologist if that helps. Uh kinda Ina way but it kinda freaks me out to! He said he wasn't sending me because he thinks I have it, but because this worry is ruining my life
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 01:50:01 PM »
Well, it seems like your night sweats are linked with stressful events, so it's no wonder you get them all of the time when worrying about having lymphoma! If you think nothing but going to the oncologist will change your mind then fine, but you might want to start focusing more on the anxiety realm of illness for both your and your family's sake. Like said, your doctor ONLY gave you a referral because you were sobbing and won't listen to him... so clearly he feels there is no reason to be concerned except for as far as mental health goes.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline hamsterswheel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 02:11:29 PM »
How long have you been on the lexpro?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 03:17:39 PM »
Been in lexapro 3 months.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 03:55:19 PM »
I'll let y'all know what happens. Please pray for me. Super nervous. I have 0 appetite.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 08:59:16 AM »
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I finally got my blood work back. I got sent a letter. My Uric acid was 3.1 on a range of 2.4-7.0. My lactate dehydrogenase was 128 in a range of 94-250. So it was both normal! I'm kind of surprised! My doc included a note saying, "LDH and uric acid are elevated in lymphoma patients. Your values are normal." So I'm pretty relived, but I've got to say I haven't completely left my lymphoma fears yet.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 09:52:02 AM »
That is great news, so you DON'T have lymphoma.  Rejoice and have a great day.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: