Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Case of the Mondays  (Read 85 times)

Offline Katiesue04

• Rec's: 1
  • You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
Case of the Mondays
« on: February 24, 2014, 08:56:10 AM »
I hate Mondays with a passion because that means the weekend is over and I have to go back to work.  This Monday is particularity tough.  My coworker had a intestine transplant back in October and he was doing great up until last week.  He wasn't retaining water anymore and very dehydrated.  So he had to be admitted to the hospital again.  So we are down a drafter at work(there are 3 including myself).  Last time when he had his surgery and was out for a couple months the other drafter completely shut down and was useless which left me to handle all of the other drafters work.  I am worried this is happening again because the other coworker doesn't come in until 9:30 now....I hate trying to do everything at work.  I am so overwhelmed and exhausted.  I would love to take one day off of work but my boss won't let me :(  Thankfully I have vacation coming up and a week off but that isn't for another 40 days.  This cold weather has got me down too.  I wish it would just warm up.  This is just a vent post....thanks for letting me vent :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Katiesue04

• You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Case of the Mondays
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 09:42:57 AM »
Now my boss just came to me and asked if I wanted to work on an extra job at night to make more money...basically take work home with me and get paid overtime. I am so overwhelmed at work and just working a 43 hour week the way it is..now he wants me to do more. I feel like I am sinking :(
Bookmark and Share

Online BrookeAshley1

• Global Moderator
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • I may not know where I'm going but I'm on my way.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 10:44:27 AM »
Sounds like you are overwhelmed. Do you feel afraid to say no to the nighttime work? Sometimes with work we have to put our foot down a bit when we're feeling overworked. However, Mondays are always the hardest days of the week. I get that way on Monday's as well. It's hard to go back into routine after having 2 days to relax and do what we want.

My advice would be if you feel overworked, know its okay to sometimes say "no" to extra tasks. Sounds like you're getting paid overtime though so thats always nice!!  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
Giving up is always an option, but it is never my choice.

Offline Katiesue04

• You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 08:44:05 AM »
Yes Brooke you nailed in on the head:)  That's a big problem of mine....I can't say no to people.  I treat everyone with respect and then I usually get trampled on :(  I start therapy a month from tomorrow so I hope I can figure out a way to tell people no once in a while.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollagan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 10:50:59 AM »
I hope you start to feel less overwhelmed Katie. You definitely have to say no sometimes. And you need a break from overwork. I have recently been put in sort of the same position at my job. I usually work very quickly and get everything done in a short period of time. But now that i am shouldering my own job and 3 others, i've slowed down a little to make it seem less hectic. I also take a few breaks and take walks so i have a few minutes to let my mind calm down. I know its hard to say no at work, but sometimes its our only option. Stay strong!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: