Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: OH MY GOD A BRUISE!  (Read 346 times)

Offline burgundyplace

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
OH MY GOD A BRUISE!
« on: February 24, 2014, 01:29:05 AM »
Sorry for the title, but I am in full panic right now.

I was actually doing some work on my computer when I noticed this seemingly darkish brown spot at the back of my left hand! I seriously don't think how I could've banged this part of the body this morning when I didn't notice this last night.

I had a CBC with differential count last month month and it came back perfect.

I don't have any other unusual symptoms but I feel that this could be the beginning of the big C!  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lost_Loki

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • Laugh it off
    • Poke This Member
Re: OH MY GOD A BRUISE!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 01:33:35 AM »
You'd be surprised at how easily you can wind up with bruises.  It definitely could've happened while you were sleeping, or maybe while you were just paying more attention to something else.

You had a CBC done last month and it came back perfect.  That's all you need to know that it's not something malicious.  In a few days it'll fade, and in a few more it'll be gone.
Bookmark and Share
The amount of happiness you have is equal to the amount of freedom you have in your heart - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 05:43:15 AM »
People hit themselves (or in my case my bruises come from pressure and pressing rather than banging into something) all the time without recalling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 06:35:34 AM »
I once got this horrible blister like think on my finger. I went to the doctor because it looked green. Turned out it was just yellow underneath. When I asked what it was. He said I probably bumped my finger somewhere.

Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 06:42:40 AM »
I had a yellowish bruise spot on my arms. At first i panicked a little but until i realized this was pinched by my friend the other day and that really hurts. she is such a freak out when she sees a cute guy around the campus lol.

Good news you had your CBC done and came back normal. Then you are fine!
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline aardvark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 11:46:23 AM »
Yes, bruises can happen more-or-less spontaneously. A few years ago, I developed several absolutely colossal bruises on my legs — they were quite enormous and I had no recollection of doing anything to injure myself. I went to the doctor and requested a full blood count — everything normal and the bruising stopped as suddenly and mysteriously as it had started.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jmcewan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 11:54:14 AM »
Yes, bruises can happen more-or-less spontaneously. A few years ago, I developed several absolutely colossal bruises on my legs — they were quite enormous and I had no recollection of doing anything to injure myself. I went to the doctor and requested a full blood count — everything normal and the bruising stopped as suddenly and mysteriously as it had started.

That's too funny, i was just getting on here to ask about a huge bruise i have on the outside of my thigh. Last week it felt like I had a cramp or something in that spot then a bruise began to form. Now it has a deep purple center and yellow/green border. I just a full work up the other week so i know its not leukemia and started to convince myself i have a blood clot or something.
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 04:06:10 PM »
A couple of years ago the entire top of my foot bruised for no known reason.  I had it checked out, they said I probably bumped it somewhere and just didn't remember.  All turned out just fine.   :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline famv5

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 04:56:25 PM »
I bruise SO easily and it has worried me over the years.  I've had one doctor tell me that it's a "hormonal" thing or lack of Vitamin C.  I've had another tell me that maybe I have very good circulation or my veins/capillaries are very close to the surface. 

In any case, I can literally press hard on something or just lightly tap it and bam...a huge bruise that takes at least three weeks to go away. 

The other day, I was simply carrying a box in from the grocery store in my hand and afterwards the palm of my hand near my thumb felt really sore.  I looked at it later that night and the whole palm/thumb area was black.  I had the biggest bruise and had no idea how I got it or what I did.

I really don't think you have anything to worry about.  Some people are just more prone to bruising than others.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline shuttterbug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 10:07:12 PM »
Ummm yes... I am currently upset because I have a small red bruise on my hand/wrist that appeared out of no where and is painless. And googling led me to believe i am dying. Going to the doc tomorrow for a back issue i've been having so my anxiety is at an all time high right now. I seriously hate feeling this way! I am so tired of being afraid of everything! :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline burgundyplace

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 09:29:59 AM »
Hello all,

Thank you for all the comforting replies. I am a bit overwhelmed by all the responses. It seems that everybody here had their own share of bruising.

I think I was really freaked out about it because I knew that I don't bruise easily. I just don't.

The lightly dark spot on my hand is still here and to be honest, it still worries me.

I just have to remember I had a normal CBC test last month and I hope that can put down my big C fears for now.

I did catch myself biting the back of my left hand and other fingers unconsciously though! Well, I am not sure if that somehow contributed to the darkening of the skin.

shutterbug, sorry to hear you are going through it right now as well. Do let us know how your trip to the doctor went.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: