Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Nightmares are getting worse...  (Read 107 times)

Offline Potatoes

• I'm so official, all I need is a whistle.
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • This Space For Rent - $5/day
    • Poke This Member
Nightmares are getting worse...
« on: February 24, 2014, 12:14:53 AM »
Since I've been taking my Zoloft... I really feel that I'm getting nightmares from it... I take it in the morning times....

I've had a few in the past, that weren't as bad as last nights....

But I had a dream that was VERY realistic. I mean there is always out of place things, but the storyline followed.

Part 1: I'm at a bowling alley, and I'm purchasing beer, even though I know I shouldn't be drinking on Clonazepam and I had taken one earlier. I began to feel a sense of guilt as I drank the beer. I bowled with the new desk guy at my gym who I don't even know his name and I've only seen him twice.

Part 2: I'm eating at this fancy restaurant.. .a pickle, where in front of me stood one of my ex co-workers who was around my age, who we hung out off and on in the past, but then the next thing I know I'm in the car with the girl he was with and we were headed to his house.

Part 3: We were standing outside of his house (Huge shop to the right of the house) when his dad walks out and confronts me, tells me how he dishonors me for something I had said at a previous dinner (funeral). I told him I was closer friends with the person who died than he was.

He was standing down by the shop and I was up top of the deck with the girl and my ex co-worker and his dad was down at the bottom.

Part 4: While he was talking, I noticed some younger guys running into the shop, like they were up to no good, and his dad went unnoticed by it... He had a screw driver and it looked like just a typical fight was going to break out... all of a sudden you see the father's other son go darting out of the shop around the back of the house running as fast as he could, and the guy with the screwdriver chasing him.

the screwdriver guy's friend ran up between the house where me and his dad were talking, dad said nothing.

Part 5: the son got fatigued, and you see him walk straight up to the guy with the screw driver as if he was going to try and fight him off when all of a sudden... [GRAPHIC WARNING]: He gets stabbed on the top of the head and he falls over... very graphically and very vivid and bloody.

Before his father could react the screwdriver guy's buddy sneeks back into the shop and charges the father from behind and stabs him in the head just as graphically as well. I had never had a dream where someone actually died... and not as realistically graphic either.

Fear and panic struck as me, the girl, and the ex-coworker stood there with our backs to the incident as the two guys fled... We went through the house and back into her car, Where there was a car of a few teenagers sitting in the driveway where I had identified the two killers... they both back up and drive off.

I kept telling the gal not to follow them just to go straight in fear that they would try and have it in for us and to let it go unnoticed.

Not once did I remember calling for help or checking their health.

Crazy dream.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Offline Proletarian

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Nightmares are getting worse...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 02:53:31 AM »
This isn't abnormal. I've had the craziest dreams ever. Well crazy for me anyways. I had a dream I was being used as a puppet with strings and then someone pulled all the strings and all my limbs went... Flying. They are kind of scary though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TroubledSaint

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 03:31:04 AM »
I'm going through this as well, at the moment. Very vivid and startling dreams. I've stopped having any caffeine before bedtime, and this has helped a small amount. They still manage to find their way in, though........
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 08:17:11 PM »
A "wonderful" side effect of SSRIs.  I have incredibly, vivid, realistic dreams.  Sometimes they're very scary.

It always settles down for me as I settle into the dose
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• I'm so official, all I need is a whistle.
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • This Space For Rent - $5/day
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 06:56:39 PM »
I've just had it for another two nights... just weird dreams.

I had consumed over 600+mg of caffeine yesterday due to a heavy gym activity....

But it wasn't as severe as that one I had posted a few nights ago in which I had no caffeine intake.

But I could definitely agree Caffeine could take into a play...

I never thought of it as being a side effect of the Zoloft... if it is, does it eventually go away completely?
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Tags: