Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How to deal with pre-emptive anxiety.  (Read 454 times)

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
How to deal with pre-emptive anxiety.
« on: February 23, 2014, 09:29:07 PM »
Hi everybody. I've been doing well in terms of my anxiety, well better than I've been before. However I need some advice from you guys.

My fear's are of course getting a brain aneurysm which usually presents itself with a huge headache. Now every time I've gotten a headache/random head pain I get scared but when it goes away I calm down. What I want to know is... how do you usually deal with the anxiety and fear of waiting for the ''inevitable''? It's really horrible living my life in fear of getting a thunderclap headache. :(
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How to deal with pre-emptive anxiety.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 11:53:19 PM »
Look at it this way. Every time you've gotten one of those headaches, how many times has it been the result of a brain aneurysm?

Zero. So really, the headaches are a sign that you do not have an aneurysm. It's extremely unlikely for it to feel identical to all the times it wasn't one. Nothing bad ever happens when you get these symptoms, so really, you have no reason to think they're dangerous.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lost_Loki

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • Laugh it off
    • Poke This Member
Re: How to deal with pre-emptive anxiety.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 01:21:49 AM »
Let go of the idea that it's 'inevitable' in any way, shape or form.  Millions of people go their entire lives without experiencing these frightening heath issues. 

Take things one step at a time and always practice mindfulness; don't spend your time so afraid of a thunderclap headache that you forget that you have a new book, or that you only pay half attention to a favorite show and wind up lost at the end.  It may take practice to focus on other things when such a worry is present, but everything takes practice, right?

When you do get a headache, just take a soothing, deep breath and give yourself a neck, scalp and face massage.  Feel your shoulders; are they tense? Tense shoulders can bring about headaches, and much of the time people don't realize they are tense.  Think of your day; was it stressful?  What did you eat? Have you been drinking plenty of water?  Did you take ten minutes to slow down and just breathe and relax at all?  Consider, for a moment, if perhaps pollen or weather may be affecting your sinuses or your allergies.

I hope this helps a bit, Bliz  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
The amount of happiness you have is equal to the amount of freedom you have in your heart - Thich Nhat Hanh

Tags: