Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm new. My name is Stacey  (Read 185 times)

Offline Sec2993xx

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm new. My name is Stacey
« on: February 23, 2014, 08:07:25 PM »
Hi all I'm new to this forum and would like to meet and make friends with the same issues. I'll start with more about me.

Since Christmas Eve I have been suffering with anxiety and a panic disorder. I self diagnosed myself until Friday where my concerns and fears were confirmed. I also got diagnosed with servers depression and I didn't know it.

My anxiety comes from being attacked 5 years ago, my attacked knew where I lived and made it hard for me to be confident in my own town for a short amount of time and I went to counciling sessions where I thought I dealt with it and put it to rest. I started my new job in December trying to earn a few extra pounds to spend and enjoy over the festive period worry free, and my job was not local and had to be transported there and back daily. I got left there one night on my own, I knew no one and of course no one could help me as no one knew where I was. And of course I panicked and quit my job.

I began isolating myself and started to panic when I knew I had to leave the house, feeling and being sick and feeling like I was always nervous I would start sweating and eventually started loosing sleep. I let this continue until I reevaluated my life and realising I can't live like this anymore I used to be a happy, fun outgoing person and I let my fears get the better of my so I joined this and made a post, not so detailed as this but I was a quick post about myself and I instantly felt good for sharing and reading that I'm not the only one going threw this and I'm not the only one living in fear. So I made a doctors appointment and decided this is the first step to becoming myself again, and boy it felt good! I've done a lot of research on how I can control my mind when panic and fear sets in and I've found listening to Zen music on my own is great I've copied the link for all who would like to listen, just play it on your phone with some head phones and relax and listen to what the guide is telling you. I feel so relaxed.

Here is the link, I hope I can help!
http://youtu.be/bEl6_pRK4-w

Please feel free to talk to me if you relate to my story, a friend or someone to talk or turn to would be great and vise versa!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Floridagal10

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm new. My name is Stacey
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 09:46:45 PM »
Hi Stacey.  :action-smiley-065:

Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing your link. 

I have general anxiety as well as panic disorder.  I tend to use distraction, mindfulness and relaxation techniques to calm down from panic.  Hopefully Zen music is another technique I can try.

I hope everything gets better for you. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sec2993xx

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 04:04:22 AM »
Being new to it all i thought id try Zen music and if that don't work try other things, i found this piece in particular really wound me down from panic. I tried this before i went to bed and i felt at ease and slept well and I'm even up earlier than usual and i feel great im going to do it every night before bed and hopefully wont suffer with it as much!
Thank you Floridagal10, I hope it works for you too!
And same, thank you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 08:59:46 AM »
Stacey, welcome.  I am so sorryfor what happenedo you 5 years ago. 

You are doing everythingyou can to recover fromthis trauma and I just know you will be sucessful.

I am battling general anxiety and panic, too.  I have comethroughthis before.  It's not easy, but I have had many moments and even years of being "normal."

Congratulatiions on begnning your journey, and my best wishes from New Hope, PA, USA!

Julie Coo
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sec2993xx

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 01:26:20 PM »
Thank you Julie!

I hope so, I keep telling myself I will get better and try my hardest to get back to where I was.
Don't worry, any bad days from now we can share together.
I'm all new to this and just joining and speaking about it has lifted a ton of bricks off my shoulders.

Your faith in me has me has only motivated me even more so. I hope you can conquer it!

Wishing you well hunni, All from the UK!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: