Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Upper back pain...thinking of the worst case...Help :(  (Read 710 times)

Offline shuttterbug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Upper back pain...thinking of the worst case...Help :(
« on: February 23, 2014, 05:35:10 PM »
Hi everyone... I've posted before but i can feel my anxiety going crazy again. I have had a dull ache that comes and goes in my upper left back. It started months ago after I moved but of course I am thinking the worst. I am 29, female and don't have any other symptoms. My bladder has been fine and stools fine as well. The pain is not severe enough to take meds but nagging enough that I worry. Sometimes it almost feels like heartburn or indigestion or a "deep" pain(especially in the morning when i'm laying down). Sometimes the its is like a vibrating sensation..its so hard to explain.. always in the same spot. I still work out and am functional. But because I freak out and assume worse case scenarios, I get really freaked out about the possibilities (tumors, mostly). My dad was a smoker and now I think i have lung cancer because of the second hand smoke. I made an appt to see a doctor on Tuesday but I'm freaking out. I've had horrible health anxiety for years and I come to worse case conclusions.  Anyone maybe have any insight or helpful words for me as to what this could possibly be before I assume its the worst?? Thanks so much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Upper back pain...thinking of the worst case...Help :(
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
It happened after you "moved out"?   Did you do any moving of boxes?  Lifting?  Twisting?
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 06:47:06 PM »
I have I to, but mines feels muscular
Bookmark and Share

Offline shuttterbug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 08:32:50 PM »
It happened after you "moved out"?   Did you do any moving of boxes?  Lifting?  Twisting?

Yes I noticed it after I moved. I did moving and lifting ..my husband and I didn't have help. It is just so weird because it hasn't gone away and the pain is "deep" it doesn't feel like a sore muscle (i work out a lot and know what that type of pain is..)
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 01:41:56 AM »

Yes I noticed it after I moved. I did moving and lifting ..my husband and I didn't have help. It is just so weird because it hasn't gone away and the pain is "deep" it doesn't feel like a sore muscle (i work out a lot and know what that type of pain is..)

When you say "Deep" what do you mean?

Are you saying you can't touch this area and feel pain, almost as if it is internal and out of reach?

Have you had ypur husband apply pressure to find a trigger point that may be causing this pain?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 05:41:14 AM »

But you were using other muscles doing something different than your usual workout routine.  I realized that when we got ALL this snow this year and all I do is shovel, shovel, shovel and my shoulder hurts, my arm hurts, my HANDS hurt!   And I go to the gym regularly.  Plus with you moving (and me shoveling) we probably aren't using "correct form" like you would when exercising in a regular workout routine.    It could take a while for that to go away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 08:26:42 AM »
I have had upper back pain for a while too. mine seems to move around and it worrys me. It even goes up into my neck. It does feel like tension and I feel sore too. I heard the other morning on the news that it was a symptom of a heart attack. That is one of my fears. I am trying to ignore. I also feel like my gallbladder is bothering me it hurts too at times not always.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shuttterbug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 10:44:25 AM »

But you were using other muscles doing something different than your usual workout routine.  I realized that when we got ALL this snow this year and all I do is shovel, shovel, shovel and my shoulder hurts, my arm hurts, my HANDS hurt!   And I go to the gym regularly.  Plus with you moving (and me shoveling) we probably aren't using "correct form" like you would when exercising in a regular workout routine.    It could take a while for that to go away.
[/quote]

Thank you everyone. I'm going to the doctor today...wish me luck. I am really tired of HA controlling my life like this. Everytime I have an ache or pain, I can't rationalize anything. I will let you know what the outcome is.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shuttterbug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 10:01:02 PM »
Hi all. .. just decided to post on here again as I've found it gives me relief when I feel anxious.  The pain I have is  still there... it comes and goes. My doctor didn't seem worried. .. my bloodwork was normal.  She said it's probably a muscle issue and the fact that the pain doesn't got worse means its nothing scary.  Of course I still worry.  Mostly bc my dad was a smoker and I wonder if there's any effects on my body from the second hand smoke. And he died of cancer (at 72) but I'm traumatized. Every symptom..especially persistant onea (like my back) scare me so bad. What if its something terrible? My anxiety is an all time high today..
Bookmark and Share

Offline shuttterbug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »
Still feeling a ton of anxiety over this. I think the anxiety is worse than the pain. Does anyone have any suggestions about what this pain could be? I worry that it is a tumor or something. Because it feels "deep" and it's lasted for so long, I just get really nervous. Anyone have similar symptoms? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 02:33:19 AM »
Still feeling a ton of anxiety over this. I think the anxiety is worse than the pain. Does anyone have any suggestions about what this pain could be? I worry that it is a tumor or something. Because it feels "deep" and it's lasted for so long, I just get really nervous. Anyone have similar symptoms? :(

Same for 7months i am very scared :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 03:22:20 AM »
Another technique you might like is done usually at the end of the day, just sit on the floor and slowly lean flat on your back and stretch your arms as high as you can. I usually get a lot of popping action that goes along with it, and after about 10 minutes it usually relieves a lot of my back pain from lifting at work (construction based).

Your doc might have you see a chiropractor as you might have a small misalignment which is extremely common.

Best wishes.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline shuttterbug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 10:19:56 AM »
Thank you Potatoes...I will try that. My doc suggested a tennis ball rolling against the wall.  Also physical therapy.

Iamhealthy-what are you dealing with? I'm curious to know.

I brought up an xray and my doc said she didn't think it was necessary. I also don't want an unnecessary xray. 

Its more annoying than anything and triggers my HA bc of the length of time that I've had it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2jrts

• Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 11:28:49 AM »
Have you gone to a chiropractor? I am experiencing upper and mid back pain the reaches around on my ribs. He identified the muscle group involved and did an ultrasound treatment on it. It's worth checking out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shuttterbug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 09:39:45 PM »
Hi 2jrts...no i haven't yet. I will see about contacting one for some help. Is your pain chronic? Mine has been around since September. It comes and goes but lately has been more persistent.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: