Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: why is anxiety/ depression feel like flu ?  (Read 299 times)

Offline marksmen

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
why is anxiety/ depression feel like flu ?
« on: February 23, 2014, 01:41:46 PM »
Hi Can anyone identify with this. I know i have been really anxious of late and i can identify the depression in myself again, but i seem to get feelings of having really bad flu, aching all over sore muscles / joints and generally feeling poorly ( and worried ) Is this yuppy flu ? and what causes you to feel so bad.Hope someonehas the answer.

Thanks Mark.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Floridagal10

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: why is anxiety/ depression feel like flu ?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 09:23:31 PM »
I can't tell you the exact reason why however my anxiety can feel like the flu.  A lot of times I will feel achy, tired, moody and just off. I hate this feeling and it makes me worry even more.

Anxiety and stress does strange things to your body. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline uno76

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:00:18 PM »
Hey,funny you post this because anxiety does me the same exact way!  This past week I just had the same symptoms. It feels just like the flu. I can always tell when my anxiety has gotten real bad because I get very very bad symptoms. The flu symptoms are the worst. I've been to the doctor and ER many times in the past for those symptoms and never anything found. It is an awful feeling for sure and always makes me nervous. I do know the feeling oh so well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marksmen

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 02:59:27 PM »
Hi thanks for the post.What do you do to get rid of it ??

Mark
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 03:03:07 PM »
Hi thanks for the post.What do you do to get rid of it ??

Mark

It's best to address the underlying cause of the flu symptoms, the depression/anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline HayMichele28

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 10:39:29 PM »
I am glad i ran into your post.  I have been feeling anxious lately.  I feel hot and clammy, like I am going to get sick.  I just havent been feeling normal.  My head hurts like I have a head cold but I am positive I dont have one.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollagan

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 10:46:08 AM »
I too get the flu like symptoms as of late with my anxiety. The more i think about them the worse they get. I get very achy, and thought it was more than just anxiety. I'm waiting on lab results, but more and more i'm feeling like its just my anxiety. When i distract my mind i notice that the pain and aches diminish, so i'm trying to keep my thoughts away from how my body is feeling. It seems to do the trick.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 11:40:59 PM »
Oh my.  I am getting this too.  I feel exhausted and like I am getting sick, but I know I have been very stressed out, overwhelmed, not properly taking care of myself, and recently had a panic attack with a mild depression following it (and I haven't had one of those in a LONG time).  So I have been having that flu/sick like feeling and it is really freaking me out - making me think there is some crazy thing wrong with my body.  So I am glad I am not alone in this.  I will say, I have been noticing the feelings more when I am home and when I am driving.  A few times I have been out and about and don't really notice it.  Then I come home or am stuck in my head while driving and totally feel it.  I guess I associate it with being home - or all the work and things I have to deal with here.  My rational self will say that that is a sign of anxiety - that it comes and goes.  The flu doesn't until it completely passes.  Does your symptoms, or feelings, come and go?
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Tags: