Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: A Little Help?  (Read 148 times)

Offline petalzz

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
A Little Help?
« on: February 23, 2014, 10:23:05 AM »
Hi, everyone. So, to start off, I love to read and do so A LOT. Reading was like second nature to me. Lately though, it's become increasingly hard to concentrate on and comprehend sentences. I'll mix up words almost like someone with dyslexia, but I'm not dyslexic. And it seems like it's affecting my comprehension sentences in general. When I'm watching tv, I'll keep saying a line that someone says until I get what they're trying to say.

It's almost like my brain just isn't working like it's supposed to anymore. I was watching soccer when I looked out my window and thought I saw a young man running by but it turned out to be a mother pushing a stroller and her young daughter...

It's just freaking me out because I'm not sure if this is due to my anxiety giving me brain fog or a more serious neurological condition. What do you guys think?
Bookmark and Share

Online Lost_Loki

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Laugh it off
    • Poke This Member
Re: A Little Help?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 01:46:10 AM »
It can definitely be anxiety brain fog; it can be that your mind is just so split between life and the anxious thoughts that it's getting tired. 

Have things been stressful for you lately?  Do you have something on your mind that may be distracting you?  Do you eat a nutritious diet, rich with veggies and fruits? 

Try not to focus so much on thinking there's 'something wrong'.  Just shrug it off and do some deep breathing.  You could also take a break and do something more physical, such as tidying up your home or doing some laundry or another chore.  Get some of the energy out so you can relax.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
The amount of happiness you have is equal to the amount of freedom you have in your heart - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline petalzz

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: A Little Help?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 09:36:43 AM »
Thank you for answering. Yes, I've been under a huge amount of stress because this is very new to me. I've always been an anxious person but never until about two weeks ago have I been affected by it so physically, mentally, and emotionally. I just over here hoping that I'm not going crazy. I'm seeing a psychologist tomorrow to talk about it, but up until now, I've been really just wracking my mind with all the worst possible reasons for my symptoms...

Again, thank you so much for responding. I really appreciate it.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: