Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Slight Pain Under Left Rib Cage? Acid Reflux??!  (Read 319 times)

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Slight Pain Under Left Rib Cage? Acid Reflux??!
« on: February 23, 2014, 07:31:07 AM »
Hello there, i had this slight pain sensation on my under left rib cage. Well this isn't new to me at all. I felt this same thing back in 2012 and i am really acidic. I felt so acidic that my under left rib cage are aching few hours after eating such acidic foods. Could it be caused by my Acid Reflux? There is something bothers me that it could be a spleen issues! Like oh my god! I am scared of Hodgkin's Lymphoma! Here i am again!!

Please i need reassurance!
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline mydogisnamedslippy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
Re: Slight Pain Under Left Rib Cage? Acid Reflux??!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 08:55:29 AM »
OMG I have exactly the same thing right now...What is this? I'm not sure if it a stomach problem or a rib problem, but i'm hoping its a rib problem I guess.

Could this be anxiety related??? I have been EXTREMELY anxious lately.

If anyone has any thoughts, do let us know!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 09:21:32 AM »
Hi there, Thank you for your comment! I think it's in my stomach. Which confuses me if it's the spleen or the stomach?
It's in the left upper quadrant actually which is the location of our stomach. What bothers me that this happens earlier when i am having a acidic sensation situation and earlier that happened, i've been eating a lot since it's sunday here and nothing to do in the house, i've been eating chocolates (kitkat, nutella), burgers (fried patties), or anything that is fried, carbonara and tea. Those foods i've mention are triggers that cause acid reflux. I think what causes mine are from the Acid Reflux! (I hope i am right! I am really scared of Hodgkin's Lymphoma! REALLY!)

Also sometimes my acid reflux are also triggered by Extreme Anxiety and Stress.

So are you feeling acidic lately, @mydogisnamedslippy?
Bookmark and Share

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline Alphaba79

• Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 09:49:52 AM »
I've been experiencing this myself lately. Do you take any medications for your acid reflux such as any type of proton pump inhibitor?
It sounds like your diet could be triggering your GI issues. Lay off the fried foods and chocolate for a while and see if your symptoms improve.
If your pain persists, it's always good to have a CBC done. Last time, my doctor also checked my pancreas levels.

I have been under A LOT of stress lately so I can relate. Much more than my usual day to day health anxiety concerns. My GI is always the first to respond to my elevated stress. Last week I was in gut-wrenching pain which I can only describe as a burning sensation. I've had every GI test imaginable except for an endoscopy. All of my tests were normal even with the pain present. GI trouble is always tough because the pain can be intense and extremely uncomfortable. If it makes you feel better, my doctor told me the level of pain in your stomach has nothing to do with how serious a condition is. Therefore, intense pain does not necessarily equate to horrible lethal disorders. It's much much more likely that it's something benign such as gas or acid reflux.

I highly doubt your spleen is enlarged. It sounds just like your hypersensitivity "filling in the blanks" and making you believe you have Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 09:54:24 AM »
@Alphaba79, thank you so much for your advices. Well i haven't been really taking any medications for my acid reflux yet but sometimes i manage it by avoiding those acidic foods that triggers AR and eating healthy meals. Lately i've been living a "sedentary lifestyle" which is bad i know! Eating unhealthy foods and Physical inactivity due to my Anxiety which makes me like "no longer interest in daily activities". And being a college student is really difficult living like this! My anxiety also ruined the chance of me having a boyfriend! I did not give him a permission to go steady with me because "I am too depressed for relationships and i need more time focusing in my Health Anxiety rather than usual normal stuff" Oh god what am i doing to myself?!

Sorry about this post, just me being a bit drama queen! I just can't take this any longer! Living in a life of impending doom! Also I've been drinking alcohol a lot lately ever night because i am self testing myself since i have a Health Anxiety of Lymphoma! But i stopped drinking for now because Alcohol is also a main trigger of Acid Reflux.
Bookmark and Share

Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 11:22:15 AM »
I just keep wondering f this is a chest ligament thing from being stressed out? When I get stressed all my mussels get tense. Is it possible that these muscles can get tense as well? I'm really afraid of having an ulcer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alphaba79

• Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 01:00:07 PM »
I just keep wondering f this is a chest ligament thing from being stressed out? When I get stressed all my mussels get tense. Is it possible that these muscles can get tense as well? I'm really afraid of having an ulcer.

If you do have an ulcer, it's not the end of the world. Ulcers are easy to treat and usually heal on their own with a bit of diet management and medication. If you do suspect an ulcer, you should definitely have your doctor order a test for Helicobacter pylori. There are several ways they can test for the presence of this bacteria. If you do test positive, they will give you a dose of antibiotics to eradicate the infection.
Bookmark and Share

Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 01:33:49 PM »
Thanx for the response...I was already tested for h. pylori and am negitive for that. But cant you get an ulcer with out it? Can anxiety cause an ulcer??
Bookmark and Share

Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 01:41:49 PM »
I also don't ever take anything like asprin...so, can stress literally give you an ulcer? I keep hearing conflicting things about this question
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 01:30:05 AM »
Hey there @mydogisnamedslippy, are you also experiencing slight pain on your under left rib cage? what i meant is, is it on the exact of left upper quadrant where the end of your left rib cage? It could be having a indigestion or acidic related because that is the location of our stomach.
How are you feeling now?
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 01:39:09 AM »
Hey there @mydogisnamedslippy, are you also experiencing slight pain on your under left rib cage? what i meant is, is it on the exact of left upper quadrant where the end of your left rib cage? It could be having a indigestion or acidic related because that is the location of our stomach.
How are you feeling now?

I have it now. It's like a small pain  and I can't tell if it's a gas bubble or something worse and I also have it on the left
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 06:48:30 AM »
Hi there @IAMHEALTHY, mine was after i've been eating a lot of junk foods that are fatty/acidic foods. and also i just had tea which is also a acidic drink. At first i thought it was my spleen (Hodgkin's Lymphoma FEAR!!!) until i realize that spot was my stomach which it could be indigestion that caused acid reflux. I am a acidic person
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 09:39:39 AM »
Hi there @IAMHEALTHY, mine was after i've been eating a lot of junk foods that are fatty/acidic foods. and also i just had tea which is also a acidic drink. At first i thought it was my spleen (Hodgkin's Lymphoma FEAR!!!) until i realize that spot was my stomach which it could be indigestion that caused acid reflux. I am a acidic person

Yea, I was eating Chinese food fried rice and cake when it happened
Bookmark and Share

Tags: