Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: It's my sons 1st birthday and I'm miserable.  (Read 139 times)

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
It's my sons 1st birthday and I'm miserable.
« on: February 22, 2014, 11:10:28 PM »
I woke up this morning with elbow and jaw pain. I pushed through and went to work. After lunch I got this crazy pressure in my chest. I thought for sure I would drop dead at any moment. I got sweaty and it took every ounce of willpower to not leave. Then the pain moved to my jaw. The whole time I was short of breath. Somehow I made it to the end of my shift. Then I went to my sons birthday party. Although I was physically there, mentally I was far away in my own mind worrying about the pains that came and went throughout the party. Now I'm at home having chest pressure and jaw pain. I'm so close to going to the ER. I'm trying so hard to recreate the jaw pain to convince myself that it's tmj but nothing is working. The funny thing is that today I actually had trouble eating because the right side of my jaw locked up, which I think is tmj, but it only lasted for a few bites and it didn't hurt. And now with the pain it doesn't hurt to chew. It just feels like there's tons of pressure on my back lower teeth. But nothing is tender or sore. And it comes and goes throughout the day. My friend with tmj has periods of extreme pain that is consistent for weeks at a time during flair ups. So I'm afraid this pressure/pain is not related. And I ruined my sons birthday.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: It's my sons 1st birthday and I'm miserable.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 06:24:54 AM »
You didn't ruin the party. You were there. Most people would have hid away. You stuck it out. So that is a positive thing. No matter how bad you felt you still stuck the party out. So give yourself some credit. As for all your pains. The fact that you made it through work should have told you it was just your anxiety. If it had of been anything worse I am sure you would have found out. That is what anxiety can do to us. Can make us feel horrible. But you battled through it all. That again is another positive thing. It shows what you can do. That you don't just give in. You kept pushing forward. I know it can be hard. But you made it to the end of the day. So credit were credit is due. I know hundreds of people that would have ran straight to ER. Only to be told there was nothing wrong with them. Don't be so hard on yourself. You done good.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: It's my sons 1st birthday and I'm miserable.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 07:30:55 AM »
Thank you so much for that kind reply!  It really does make me feel better. There was a point when I decided that if I was actually dying I'd rather spend the end of my life at his 1st birthday than at a hospital. Of course I was hoping that the distraction of being there would make the symptoms go away....but it didn't.

I wish I could convince myself that the sheer length of my symptoms prove that it's not my heart. Unfortunately I've read too many articles about people having vague symptoms for weeks, even months, prior to a major heart event. In reality, though, I imagine their jaw/arm/chest/etc pains would have to be angina, and therefore relatively short in duration. My pains often last hours at a time, which would mean my heart would be starved of oxygen for too long for me to survive at this point. Right?  That's what logic would say. Just yesterday alone I was in continuous pain from 2:30 pm until I fell asleep after 11. So I SHOULD feel confident. But instead here I am the next morning with jaw and elbow pain fearing that this time it really is a heart attack and I'm going to die while watching my son alone all day. Anxiety SUCKS. I made it through the party because I knew plenty of people were around. But now I'm back to a day all alone and I'm the biggest mess ever.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: