Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Cancer/heart attck worry  (Read 200 times)

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Cancer/heart attck worry
« on: February 22, 2014, 09:43:18 PM »
does anyone worry about caner/heart attck 24/7?  I worry all the time and cant get it out of mind.  All my tests are good-still worry-anyone have any helpful hints that migh help?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worry2Much

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cancer/heart attck worry
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 02:37:03 AM »
Yes and I think that is just how it works but the past two days or so I started feeling better. It seems to be an on/off switch that flips and anything you find out that happened to someone else now relates to a new disease of the sort.  It is a horrible cycle.
For me it is more cancer or stroke but really the list continues. I have had the basic blood work they do when you go to a quick care clinic or the ER but get sent home. I have not been able to bring myself to a GP doctor. Weird!! Only a GI who I've only seen once. However I can go to the dentist(which I do about once a month for work) and be completely fine.

Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 03:50:08 AM »
If you've tested good then rest assured you're in good health. I really wish dr's would explain tests and how they work to show potential - problems - I'm sure that alone would just about kill any anxiety we have.

I have the same problem though, and compounding it is the older crowd at my job loves to sit and talk about medical problems that can 'hit anyone, anywhere'.... sometimes I have to leave the room bc they'll drive my anxiety up so high.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 07:34:32 AM »
I fear a heart attack virtually every second of every day. It's so sad. Every symptom I have is related to me heart. I'm miserable.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 08:47:30 AM »
I'm a huge cardiac worrier for as long as I can remember.  Had every test that they can give me short of surgical exploration.  Everything has come back fine.  But I still worry. 

What finally helped me was the realization that if everything I've ever thought was a heart attack actually wasn't, then - God forbid - if I ever actually do have a heart attack its going to feel very different from anything I've ever felt.  So, as long as I keep having the same old symptoms I don't worry about it.

If something new does pop up, I calm myself down and ask myself this question - "Do I actually think I'm having a heart attack or am I just worried that I'm having a heart attack.?"  The answer is always "Worried" and I go about my day.

As one doctor told me - when it happens you'll know it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: