Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: well this blows.....back to square one  (Read 331 times)

Offline mustardtiger56

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
well this blows.....back to square one
« on: February 22, 2014, 09:21:40 PM »
So I've been having a bit of a lymphoma scare over the past few months. I'm 18 and all tests have come back clear this far. Including ultrasound,chest xray, and blood tests.  So I was feeling optimistic. I have multiple small nodes in my neck and armpits that havent changes in size within the last few weeks. Two surgeons have both examined me and said they are not concerned. So I was feeling optimistic. Last night I was out with some friends and I had a beer, immediately afterward I got a short but noticeable stabbing pain in my lower collarbone. It only lasted a few seconds but my heart sank, what else would cause a stabbing collarbone pain besides lymphoma? Its a rare symptom but I am back to where I was in terms of anxiety. What do you guys think?
Bookmark and Share

Offline kjoyce

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: well this blows.....back to square one
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 08:11:42 AM »
There is one other thing other than lymphoma that could cause the pain in your lymph node and that is, my friend, anxiety. Do you know the way you read about the symptoms only to experience them later? It happened to me when I had my lymphoma fears in the past. I had night sweats, I was itchy, I was loosing weight, I had pains in all parts of my body, not to mention that I also had (still have) some enlarged nodes under my jaw.
Your tests results are good and the doctors are not concerned so try to relax. You do not have lymphoma!  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 08:57:52 AM »
I agree that anxiety can cause this.  In the summer this was my worry. I was terrified to drink any alcohol at all. And when I did ofcourse I experienced stabbing pains in my groin (area I could feel nodes). Anyway when I moved on to something else it went away!

I've had numerous lymphoma tests too and all clear:

It's anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Eighty-1

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 09:04:48 AM »
The most convenient king thing on this post is an 18 yr old drinking ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mustardtiger56

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 09:49:22 AM »
I live in Canada, haha it legal here. I only drink a couple times a month usually
Bookmark and Share

Offline mustardtiger56

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 11:34:11 PM »
Well I spoke to an oncologist on just answer. After describing my symptoms,duration, and tests that were ran he said my chances of lymphoma were almost zero. I didn't mention the alchohol symptom until today and he believes it is most likely due to anxiety and has never had a patient present with the pain associated with alcohol in his entire career.  After reading an online blog written by a HL survivor she mentioned that her only symptom was the pain after drinking and that her doctor shrugged it off. Until 9 months later when she presented with a large collar bone mass. I fear that the same will happen to me unless I push for further a biopsy that my surgeons refuse to perform. I don't know what to do. Find a new surgeon and GP, or accept the tests and my Doctor s opinions.
Bookmark and Share

Offline playmaker093

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 11:40:59 PM »
I don't have an lymphoma fear really, but as a fellow eighteen year old HA sufferer, isn't this awful.  I feel like I am the only eighteen year old in the world who worries about having a heart attack or having cancer.  It's refreshing, but it sucks to know someone else suffers like I do.  Hope you get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mustardtiger56

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 12:03:22 AM »
Yeah before all this is was doing really well. I was having a great social life,grades were in the high 90's, and was planning on joining the military. I'm so depressed about all of this I don't even feel like going to the gym which used to be my favorite place to be. My doctors all say I'm fine, and then another symptom pops up. It sucks. I don't know which part of my brain to believe lol
Bookmark and Share

Tags: