Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need some clarification on numbness  (Read 118 times)

Offline NYanxiety

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need some clarification on numbness
« on: February 22, 2014, 08:05:30 PM »
Hi everyone.

I see the terms "numbness" and "partial numbness" being used a lot here but wonder if these terms are being misused.  I have a weird feeling on top of my left foot (a small patch closest to the ankle joint).  No tingling or pins and needles...yet.  My fear is MS.  If I take an object and just lightly VERY lightly graze that section of my foot, ill feel it no problem and it'll feel the same on my right foot too.  So is this "different feeling" numbness or partial numbness?  There's no weakness or anything.

I have cubital tunnel issues in both arms and I can tell you for sure that when it affects my pinky and ring finger, I know for sure it's numb but goes away when I shake it off.

Do we tend to call any different feeling numbness?  I just want to know how to classify what I'm experiencing on the top of my foot.  Maybe it's perceived?

Thanks in advance.

Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need some clarification on numbness
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 10:23:24 PM »
Is there a throbbing? kind of like your pulse? My legs sometimes go numb with no pin's a needles and I thinks it's because I have a slight circulation issue, it's comes with some throbbing.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline NYanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need some clarification on numbness
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 09:14:37 AM »
Nope no throbbing or pulsating.  Just an overall different feeling on the foot but it seems to be a different part of the foot everyday.  Again, there's no loss of sensation or pain or weakness.  Maybe since I'm fixating on it I'm imagining things?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: