Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Advice needed from the ladies please  (Read 167 times)

Offline rubee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Advice needed from the ladies please
« on: February 22, 2014, 01:09:54 PM »
Hi. This might include a bit of TMI but I'm quite nervous and need advice  :(

Last night I went for a pee, and after I wiped, the toilet paper had blood on it. My blood ran cold. I checked in the toilet - no blood that I could see. So it looked like it was just on the paper. I freaked out and went to bed. Woke up this morning, went for a wee - no blood. But a little while later I got what I assumed was my period? I mean, I had blood in my pants. The thing is though, usually when I get my period, I get dark, not heavy spotting for the day or so before (never noticed it on toilet paper before). And I don't know, this just feels different than usual  :( Maybe it's my anxiety? It's not like a proper period, at least not like I normally have? Light the blood doesn't seem to be.. constant. It's most noticeable in the toilet after I pee. My last period was at the end of December/beginning of January - my periods have never been 'regular' though from January until about September last year I got one every month, bar one I think. Then from September it went a bit weird again. My doctor told me a while ago it's because of my medication (Risperdal and Sertraline) and won't look into it further. My mum says the same, it's just my meds. In December my period was a lot shorter than usual and a bit like the one I'm experiencing now, as in, it felt 'different'.

Is there something badly wrong? Or can periods be like this? To clarify, in case my message above got a bit blabbery: I peed yesterday, blood on toilet paper (not in toilet). Today I got some blood in my pants but it doesn't look how it 'normally' does at the start of my periods? The blood is very light, fresh blood. And there isn't a lot of it.

EDIT: I've also been experiencing possible period symptoms the past few days - sensitive boobs, and also a relatively bad pain in my side, below my rib cage but above my hip, when I breath in.
Bookmark and Share

Offline So worried

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Advice needed from the ladies please
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 03:42:00 PM »
I had this my doctor said it was normal it just means the blood is fresh. When I first had it it was in the middle of my period and my blood was bright red like I had just cut myself, I freaked out! If I was you I wouldn't worry about it now but I would call in to see my doctor just to make sure, but my doctor said it was completely normal for me. :)
Bookmark and Share
No more google for me!!!!

Offline rubee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 04:02:53 PM »
Thank you :) If it was something bad the blood would probably be dark, right?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 04:26:36 PM »
My periods would be different all the time, sometimes it would start with that dark brown spotting a day even 2 days before it would start with the regular bright red blood, some days it would start IMMEDIATELY with the bright red blood.  It can be any way at all, it's not written in stone how a period acts (even for the SAME person)  Hormones play a vital role in each month's period.  That's why when going through menopause they REALLY whack out!  My daughter is 26 and her periods are different each month.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline rubee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 06:12:57 PM »
Thanks Sunlover. I'm also suffering with what I think is a bad cold/early flu which is stressing me out too. I'm thinking things like, what if it isn't flu? What if it's associated with the blood and I'm dying? I wish I could stop stressing :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 06:32:53 PM »
ah... colds, viruses, etc, that too could mess with the hormones!    That would even explain the "different" period.   There are so many variables that affect periods.  You may have one come in 3 weeks, you may have one come in 50 days, even though you may have been 28 days like clockwork for 5 years prior.  Some months you may have a lot of pain 2 days prior, some months you won't even know you got your period until you use the bathroom and see it there.  It doesn't mean anything.
Bookmark and Share

Offline So worried

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 07:10:44 PM »
No even if it was dark blood it still means nothing. :-) I went to my out of hours doctor and my normal doctor and after they did a pregnancy test ( I told them their was no way I was pregnant!) they both said it was fine they weren't worried one bit. The only time I have ever had tests was when I hadn't had a period for six months, even then they weren't really worried and all that was down to stress. Just call into you're doctors on Monday and tell them it will put your mind at rest. Are you on heavier then normal?
Bookmark and Share

Offline So worried

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 07:17:26 PM »
Just reread your post your on lighter! That's still ok they asked me how many sanitary towels I filled in the last hour I was like not even one! And they laughed and said I was fine! I would still call into your doctor though to put your mind at rest but I really wouldn't worry. :-)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: