Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: i know ive been posting alot....  (Read 225 times)

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i know ive been posting alot....
« on: February 22, 2014, 12:20:13 PM »
So for the last two weeks... I've had a dull headache across my forehead. It will not go away. Dr thinks its sinuses. Of course I think its a brain tumor. The Dr wont order a head scan!  Also I've been EXTREMELY  sluggish and tired the last two weeks. Dr thinks its no big deal. I think its cancer thru out my body. Please help why am so tired and sluggish lately....im usually energetic and alive.

things to note ---

I'm under ALOT of stress
I'm on a ton of meds
my anxiety has been horrible

please someone relate.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alphaba79

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: i know ive been posting alot....
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 03:35:15 PM »
How have you been sleeping? If you're anything like me, the stress and worry is causing poor sleep, thus leading to the sluggish feeling throughout the day.
I have sinus problems myself and I wake up many times groggy, with a dull headache and an overall feeling like I have the flu. It normally fades in a few hours as my sinuses drain. I'm not sure if you are using any type of nasal sprays for your sinuses. I have not had much success with liquid sprays which drained down the back of my throat and made me nauseated. I like Qnasl which is spray powder. I also really like a simple saline nasal spray in the morning that clears out the stuffiness and helps my sinuses drain.

I am fairly new to sinus problems and when they first developed it was scary. I too jumped to the worst conclusion naturally, only with me it wasn't a brain tumor but naegleria fowleri (aka brain-eating amoebas). Of course I KNEW I had all the symptoms of an amoebic infection, the headaches, the stiff neck, the nausea....

Sinus issues, like I said have made me feeling very slugglish and run down. If you doc isn't sending you for a head scan, your symptoms are not raising a concern. I know its hard to accept this and to trust someone else. Believe me, I know because I also do it all the time. Just try to trust your doctor's expertise and do not google any symptoms any more. There is an excellent pinned thread in this forum about googling symptoms that I have been reading when I feel the urge to hit up good old WebMD.
A dull headache across your forehead is a common but harmless symptom of sinus problems. Have you been to an ENT? They may be able to help you out with your sinus troubles better than a GP.

Hope you feel better!

Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 03:43:15 PM »
Thank you for making me feel better I believe its sinuses and anxiety/stress well that's what I'm hoping lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 04:03:29 PM »
Anyone else have these same symptoms? And for so long?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 04:31:11 PM »
Stress can make you very tired - it also can give you a headache.  It's funny, I RARELY get headaches and I too am very energetic.  But I have a headache today all day in my eyes, really annoying!  And I'm tired because I am disgusted with the headache.  When you have a headache you really don't want to DO anything and that alone will make you tired.  My daughter has been having the headache across her forehead and in her temples for a few days already.  Where do you live?  Maybe it's the weather or something!
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »
I live in USA on the east coast so weather is wintery snow and cold. The thing that scares me is the length of time that the headache and fatigue is lasting... Docs not concerned but of course i feel like they are missing something and not conducting enough tests
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 05:44:24 PM »
I get headaches a lot.  I have one today, in fact. 

So many things can trigger it and sinuses are a big one.  You may not even know you are having sinus issues.  Sometimes the cold weather can spark headaches, too.  I know when I lived in PA, the cold fronts would do that to me.  Also, just having a storm approach and the pressure drops will start a headache, too.

Also, make sure you are drinking enough.  Dehydration can cause headaches.

I hope you feel better.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »
Yup...  East coast, that's where I am.  This kind of unusual weather pattern can wreak havoc on our bodies and mental state! 

Doctors are usually OVERLY cautious due to being afraid of being sued and all that, so if he's not concerned I'd breathe a sigh of relief.

(you know, I took a Xanax about 2 hours ago due to having some other anxiety symptoms and my headache went away!  Even aspirin didn't take it away, but Xanax did??  Weird...)  Does anything help your headache?  Depending what it is from some things will help, others won't.  You could also be having a TMJ headache which could last as long as you keep clenching or grinding your teeth at night.  (when I have one of those no kinds of pain relievers help it)
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 06:57:14 PM »
Klonopin seems to help to a point .... It
Cuts the edge off of the anxiety but the hypochondria still exists. I haven't been to an ent but my dr thinks she
Can just handle my sinus issues since they are not that bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 06:59:00 PM »
And I want to say that my fatigue and sluggishness is from lack of exercise, meds and stress but my mind keeps pointing to some horrible disease like cancer running thru my body... I used to be an energetic person but not over the last couple of weeks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 07:04:39 PM »
Hard to get energetic in all this snow and cold.  I'm not a person who gets depressed, but I am GETTING there!  I even stopped going to the gym because I can't STAND to keep having to go out in that frigid air (it was nice today, but next week we are back to the teens in the early morning.  I can't take it anymore - you don't realize how much the weather can affect your mental health.  Seriously that may be where your fatigue is coming from if you hate this as much as I do)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: