Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: new to this  (Read 226 times)

Offline alesha

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
new to this
« on: February 22, 2014, 10:55:04 AM »
Ive been suffering from anxiety recently.  Also I have had this pain in the middle of my chest, like at the top of my abdomen. Its like a achy pain and sometimes hurts when I touch or rub there. My Dr thinks its an ulcer or gerd. Can anyone tell me their symptoms? Im so scared
Bookmark and Share

Offline colorlessideas

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: new to this
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 02:08:42 PM »
I still don't know what my problem is either. I had a couple of really anxious days and then I started having heartburn and nausea every day, basically after everything I ate.
My doctor put me on prilosec and then nexium. The heartburn has gone away for the most part, but the nausea remains (or is worse) and I am burping after everything I eat and drink, sometimes even on an empty stomach. I'm waiting for results for an H. Pylori test, which is what your doctor would probably test you for if he thinks it is an ulcer. I'm kind of scared too, but mostly just frustrated.

Keep in mind that if you have an ulcer or gerd, it is manageable. Not pleasant, but there are much worse things to have. Sorry you're going through this as well, and it sounds like yours is anxiety related too.
Bookmark and Share
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Offline alesha

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 04:54:40 PM »
Thank you for your kind words :) I go to a GI tomorrow.  Crossing my fingers everything is well. I hope you figure out soon and get relief. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline LynneB-SA

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 08:35:03 AM »
I have the same thing, Did nexium, Altosec, Omez, which worked but as soon as I went off I had the same problem. I sit with gas, upset tummy daily as well as pain from trapped wind. I did a barium meal swallow and follow through and they found nothing. I have been back and fpr to my doctor for 1 year and still no luck. I think mine is related to ANXIETY, as soon as I get worked up the pain worsens
Bookmark and Share

Offline colorlessideas

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 12:11:12 PM »
Yeah, that sounds awful, Lynne. Crazy how much anxiety does.

I recently started trying DGL licorice before I eat. And I started an elimination diet, just dairy for now, but I'm going to try other things too. My symptoms have cleared up a little (less burping) but still going on, and I dread what would happen if I stop the nexium.  Unfortunately I also picked up a sinus infection so now I can't tell what's reflux related and what isn't.  :(
Bookmark and Share
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Offline alesha

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 03:43:33 PM »
I go for a endoscopy in a couple weeks. Does anyone have pain under their breasts like rib area? Sometimes its constant, sometimes its just sharp shooting pains that can shoot under my arms, chest, shoulders. Its making me feel terrified. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: