Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I really could use some advice  (Read 115 times)

Offline bbwire

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I really could use some advice
« on: February 21, 2014, 11:37:45 PM »
Hey so I was wondering if you could read my post and give me some advice you seem to know a lot about ocd and this has just been so hard for me I need some advice. Thanks

So I've been dealing with this fear of going crazy having schizophrenia or like psychosis for over a year now and it's been horrible I had a period of time where I thought I was almost over this fear but I've had a major setback! I can't stop obsessing over intrusive thoughts one of my thoughts now is the fear of being delusional and since I've read so much on schizophrenia I know a few examples of what delusional thoughts are for example I'll have the thought "what if everyone is out to get me" and that thought is so scary to me and I'll ask myself "do I actually believe this" and it becomes so hard to answer like it's so doubtful and so abstract I can answer no of course not but the doubt always comes back. This is just so horrible cause I feel like there's no way out like what if I think my family who I love so much is out to get me or my girlfriend it's like I'm by myself on this! I went to a psychologist last week before I had this new thought she said I suffer from ocd and obsessive thoughts and that made me feel better but now that I got this new thought it's like "what if I think she's out to get me to" this is just so bad! Can anyone please help and give me any advice I really need it right now
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: I really could use some advice
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 05:44:46 AM »
You should stop reading up on such things. You are only filling your minds with more thoughts. These people who are out to get you, is there any logical reason as to why they would want to get you? What exactly is your thinking on that side of things. Family members who no doubt love you. A girlfriend who most probably loves you as well. A therapist you have only met once, so one who doesn't really know you. Easy to have such a thought. But can we back our thoughts up with a reason based on anything we have seen any of these people do? This is were you should keep a journal and write down your thoughts. Then reason with yourself. As to why people should be out to get you. You most probably wouldn't be able to come up with any real logical answers at all. This should be the proof you need, in writing, that they are just bad thoughts without any logical reasoning at all.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: