Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone had bird poop fall on or around their lips?  (Read 595 times)

Offline BrightPhoenix

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone had bird poop fall on or around their lips?
« on: February 21, 2014, 09:38:05 PM »
As comical as this sounds, this happened to me while I was at a site visit.  Was talking to someone about something and fresh brown bird poop fell from the sky - part of it hit my bottom lip (which I spat out faster than you could say CRAP) and landed on my shirt.

I've had it land on my shirt before, so it wasn't a big surprise, but it landing on my lip scared the heck out of me.  I made my way to the nearest restroom and washed my mouth out like crazy, but I'm now still afraid to swallow my spit in fear of getting some of it in digestive system.

Dr. Google didn't help either - there's a couple web sites (which I later learned to be marketing sites) that claim that there's serious diseases that bird poop can carry.  I also called our poison control center and the guy I talked to was very helpful and said at worst it's like food poisoning and to just keep an eye on my digestive system for diarrhea or vomiting.  He said I didn't have to visit a doctor about this unless I experience a serious symptom.  As long as I didn't take the entire thing and put it in my mouth and swallow it, which is what little kids can do.

Anyway, I'm still trying to not freak myself out about potential infections despite being reassured it's ok.  Has this ever happened to anyone before?  This has to be some crazy lottery stuff.  It's one thing to be pooped on, but for it to hit the edge of my lip, I should be entering some lotteries or something.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone had bird poop fall on or around their lips?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 11:44:55 PM »
I doubt anything will appen, since you cleaned your lip right away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 11:48:23 PM »
Honestly I've had bird crap fly through a car window that was only open about 6"... right into my buddies McDonalds french fries he was holding.

It was a humbling experience.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline ScaredBunny

• Hyperanxious Rabbity Thing
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 04:58:24 AM »
YES! It was horrible. I was having a terrible day, so I decided to walk around downtown. I got something to eat from a food cart, sat down, and a bird pooped on me. Some got on my food (I didn't eat it), and some splattered around my face. I cleaned up and was fine-- physically, at least. :P It didn't do much to help me emotionally!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 04:39:20 PM »
I've had my cat shake his head and some mucus that flies out of his ears/eyes went right inside my mouth - another time in my eye... nothing at all happened - our immune systems are a lot stronger than we give them credit for.  It's not like you swallowed any of the poop  just some microscopic particles you THINK may have.  You'll be fine.  Even if you DID swallow some, your immune system would probably deal with it and nothing would even happen.
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 05:58:35 PM »
Some water from my pet bird's water bowl that had poop in it splashed into to mouth before... I FLIPPED out and did mouthwash and rinsed my lips under hot water...  :laugh3:

Nothing happened, though.
Bookmark and Share

Online soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 10:31:56 PM »
I was eating chocolate and had my cockatiel on my shoulder.  He pooped on my hand and I didn't realize it until it was in my mouth.  I scrub enough bird poop from our parrots that if there was anything dangerous, I would be very ill indeed.

You'll be just fine.  Reminds me of the time I swallowed a bug.  I was in absolute panic mode.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »
I love our big poop stories. Lol
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline mama00

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 11:46:08 AM »
You are totally fine!!!!!!   Someday when the anxiety is not high you will realize this is irrational thinking.  I do it too - I can see how in others it sounds ridiculous but I can see it when I am thinking it for myself ;)  It's the anxiety not the poop that is the problem.  Chin up buttercup!
Bookmark and Share

Offline MrMoleHill

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • I look, therefore I find.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 12:17:07 PM »
I experienced something worse than all of these stories.  This is no joke and I am totally serious.  This had to happen to a guy like me - a hypochondriacal germ-o-phobe.

Several months ago, I went to visit my mother in the hospital.  I used a urinal toilet, at the hospital waiting room. The flushing mechanism on this thing must have been calculated for Jetstream mode.  When I flushed it, the toilet water sprayed and splattered all over my face and mouth!  I was totally in shock and couldn't move.  Trust me.  I literally washed my entire face, mouth, and tongue with the hand soap.

A doctor walked in and agreed it was pretty gross, and couldn't help laugh.  He told me I'd probably be fine. That day, I must have asked every medical professional I encountered, in that hospital, for reassurance.

I think I'm fine now.  But, who knows?  Maybe I have a secret case of HIV.
Bookmark and Share
We are all walking through the Valley of the Shadow of Death

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 12:49:11 PM »
Oh. my. god. I literally can not think of words to express my disgust MrMoleHill. I would have been paralyzed with fear then scrubbed my face and tongue like you! Holy crap!!!  :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Offline MrMoleHill

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • I look, therefore I find.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 03:49:52 PM »
...Had it been caught on camera, it would have made a great Youtube video with a million hits.  I could have been rich.
Bookmark and Share
We are all walking through the Valley of the Shadow of Death

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 03:53:42 PM »
I got pooped on the side of my face and head by a duck while riding the Storybook Land boats at Disneyland.  No long lasting effects.  Thankfully a mom of a diaper-aged kid came to my rescue with wipes!
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Tags: