Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Oddest Symptom ever..worried  (Read 189 times)

Offline GADawg87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Oddest Symptom ever..worried
« on: February 21, 2014, 09:18:56 PM »
Over the past week or so, I've been having weird headaches that have been centered under the eyes and around the nasal cavity. I've also had some slight pains in the back of my head. Other than these headaches, I've also noticed something extremely odd in regards to my reading patterns. I'm currently studying to take a big test next week intensely and have noticed that I've started seeing words that aren't even there and reading words wrong. For example..I will read "remember" as "revered" and see imaginary "and's" after a comma when they aren't present.  All of these reading errors just seem to be momentary slips and don't happen on a continuous basis, but occur with decent frequency. I'm so worried that I have some type of brain tumor and that this symptom is one of the initial signs! I've always been a big reader and this is absolutely frightening.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Oddest Symptom ever..worried
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 11:57:35 PM »
Your headache sounds like sinuses and you probably can't concentrate bc of the headache.

It's possibly you may be dyslexic and the headache is making things worse. I know that when I'm tired, I can read a page and not remember any of it.

Bookmark and Share

Offline GADawg87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Oddest Symptom ever..worried
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 01:11:04 AM »
I can read the material and understand it, the words just magically change momentarily at times. Whenever it happens, if I go back and re read the sentence..I see what I missed. I've also questioned that it might be a form of dyslexia, but it's rare for dyslexia to initially show up in a 26 year old. I've also tried to reason that it might be related to the fact that I have one slightly enlarged tonsil.  I just am really worried about the entire situation.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: