Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello New Here  (Read 97 times)

Offline newtothis24

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello New Here
« on: February 21, 2014, 07:28:59 PM »
Hello,

I am new to this kind of thing and seeing if it could possibly help. I have had I would say minor to moderate anxiety for about 5 years now. It usually comes and goes with cycles every couple weeks. I am trying a "cleaner" life style to see if it changes anything. I find it ironic that when I went off to college and started drinking that I started having anxiety and panic attacks. I would like any insight from people who quit drinking whether or not that helped anxiety issues out?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello New Here
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 10:05:28 PM »
Hi NTT...  Welcome to Anxiety Zone...

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

With anxiety issues, often times there are triggers, but sometimes none can be pinpointed.  The triggers may be situational, or can be chemical in origin.  Some people can experience a panic attack, when smoking marijuana for the first time.  And yes, alcohol can also produce this reaction.  It is know that those of us, including myself, that suffer with anxiety disorders, can make a bad situation worse, by drinking alcoholic beverages.  Some people actually try to mask their anxiety symptoms, by drinking.  This might work, temporally, but in the long run, alcohol only makes anxiety worse.

You mentioned that you were on a path of a "cleaner lifestyle".  Anxiety conditions are treatable.  Known treatments that work include the use or anti-depressants, therapies (such as cognitive behavioral therapy), exercise, and the use of omega-3/fish oil.  Supportive therapy includes proper nutrition (eating frequent, small meals), keeping yourself hydrated  (drinking plenty of water), getting proper rest/sleep, and practicing meditation techniques/mindfulness, to name a few.

Again, NTT, welcome to Anxiety Zone.  The very best to you!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything