Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: dealing with the week end  (Read 145 times)

Offline fulloffear

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
dealing with the week end
« on: February 21, 2014, 05:06:49 PM »
Hello everyone, this is my first time on here :action-smiley-065:
The week end seems to be a very bad time for me, especially when you are currently having pain and other issues. 2 days until you can talk to your doctor or most anyone for that matter without going to the ER and possibly getting the flu. :sick0002:

I am a googler, and it is the worst thing I have ever gotten myself into. I am married, and my husband is my only support system. He is trying to do his best to put up with me, but he is at his ropes end. That is why I ended up coming here.

Reading through some posts and looking around my new place to go, made me cry. It seems like I might be able to find people who understand what it's like to have health problems but think it is the worst thing ever. I was diagnosed with catastrophic thinking. It is a terrible thing to have. Has anyone else been diagnosed with that, and how do you get through the what feels like a never ending weekend?

Also, does anyone get pain behind their earlobe? :sign0092:
Bookmark and Share
Stay strong!

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: dealing with the week end
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 06:01:15 PM »
I just wanted to say hi and share that I feel the same way about weekends or holidays.   Any time when most doctors/dentists offices are going to be closed.  In fact, today I raced in to see my dentist for a pain I've been having in my jaw.  I just knew that it would worry me sick over the weekend knowing that I wouldn't have any way to get in to the office without disturbing an "on call" doctor".    I had to have that "peace of mind" before the weekend.

I try to keep myself busy during these times and not focus so much on the "what ifs".  It's SO hard, I know.  Believe me.  I don't know how many times I have considered going to the ER over something.  My anxiety level definitely rises during the night times, weekends, and holidays.

I've never had pain behind my earlobe but have so many other pains to share. ;) 

This board has been a lifesaver for me and I'm sure you will find the same comfort in everyone on here.  It definitely helps you to feel not so alone.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: dealing with the week end
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 06:43:56 PM »
The only reason the weekend seems long to me is because I don't work, I don't have anything to keep my mind off myself.
I'm one who is petrified of seeing a doctor for the sheer terror of a bad diagnosis, so I just worry until things resolve on their own (unless of course it's going on for a year or it's some REAL symptom like bleeding post menopause)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: