Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone got any advice? Lupus  (Read 160 times)

Online mrdave92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone got any advice? Lupus
« on: February 21, 2014, 02:56:35 PM »
I'm awaiting my lupus test results and I'm very frightened about receiving them as the doctor was pretty sure that's what I'm suffering from. I'm aware it's an incurable ilness and particularly hits men harder than women. I haven't been able to get out of bed for 2 days due to the joint pain and awful fatigue. I don't want to die but I don't want to live with a disease in constant agony and gradually decline and have my organs fail on me. I'm very frightened at the moment with the malar rash, fatigue and joint pain and sickness. I wish this was all just a nightmare :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone got any advice? Lupus
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 03:16:12 PM »
Mrdave, try not to get ahead of yourself.  If you do in fact have lupus I am sure the doctor's will have lots of advice and words of wisdom for you.  Remember other people have this disease as well.  My grandmother had it and lived to the ripe old age of 87.  I didn't even know she had a problem when I was a child.  She had 8 kids, was a pharmacist and walked everyday. 

If you have it, you will be given medication to help you along.  You won't always feel as badly as you do right now.  But remember, you haven't been diagnosed yet, so wait before jumping to conclusions.

I wish you well and hope you feel better soon.  Things will get better and you will be OK. :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 03:32:08 PM »
When do you expect to hear from the doctor?   I was just thinking, do you think this could be some kind of awful virus you picked up?  Just a thought.

Let us know how everything goes?  Hugs to you.
Bookmark and Share

Online mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 04:00:27 PM »
Is just that I've read so many horror stories and personal accounts about how it affects people and I'm not sure I can cope with that, especially as it tends to be more severe in men.  It can't be a virus as it's gone on for over 3 months now, I'm really scared. The doctor all but confirmed it was lupus I just don't know where to go from here. I'm in agony and my muscles are twitching everywhere
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 04:21:21 PM »
Don't get ahead of yourself. You are not diagnosed yet and you are thinking about dying.

Lupus is not curable, but it is manageable disease and you can live long happy life with it. Never forget that.

Bookmark and Share

Online mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 04:22:20 PM »
I get my results in about a week although from what the doctor said and yet symptoms I'm experiencing I'm already resigned to a lupus diagnosis
Bookmark and Share

Offline fulloffear

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 05:41:52 PM »
Hello mrdave92,
First, I want to say that it makes me so angry when doctors get their patients all worked up before they get the results of the tests that they gave. It has happened to me many times.

I understand everything you are saying and feeling. Of course you don't want to die, I think we all think about it, but inside, we want to be able to live our lives to the fullest. Here is what I try and do. Worst case, say it is Lupus. You can finally breath and be assured that you know what is wrong, and finally start doing all the things you need to do. Try and look at it as a blessing not a diagnosis.

You will be in my prayers for the best outcome!
Bookmark and Share
Stay strong!

Tags: