Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 61 times)

Offline petalzz

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« on: February 21, 2014, 09:54:50 AM »
Hi, everyone! I'm Joey, or Petals. Either is a perfectly fine way of addressing me. About two weeks ago, I had an anxiety attack. It wasn't my first, but this one scared me because it was different. No chest pains or shortness of breath, my right arm went numb and it suddenly started to feel like I was floating away. I went to the doctors and they've ruled out everything from a brain tumor to diabetes... But still, symptoms persist. Not the same ones like numbness and light-headedness. This leads me to believe that I have an anxiety disorder...

Lately, the really scary symptoms have come into play. So, I'm a reader. I read A LOT, so when I started finding it harder to put together sentences and comprehend what I'm reading, I started to assume my brain wasn't working like it used to anymore(I woke up being able to read decently this morning). Recently, I've been fearing that I'll have a mental break at any second. Like at any moment, I'll hear my name being called from nowhere or start seeing things(for the record, I haven't). But just the thought of going crazy is, well, driving me crazy which in turn makes me think I'm going crazy, holy cow it's an endless circle.

I'm seeing a behaviorist this Tuesday and I plan on sharing all of this with them, but I just really appreciate finding this forum to share my thoughts in. Thank you all for having me, I truly appreciate it.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 01:23:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: