Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 84 times)

Offline anx

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introduction
« on: February 21, 2014, 07:57:54 AM »
Hello, I am new here

I am 30 year old male. Dealing with health anxiety on and off for many years. Now having symptoms so real. Fighting the thougt of MS but my sinister side always takes control unless I take anti depressant. I am happily married with children and no specific worries other than my health. I am in good shape and excersize regularly. I get chest pain and stomach ache from time to time that doesn't worry me but any signs pointing to nerves and muscles wake up that old MS-ghost.

I have read  posts on this site couple of times. I have had health anxiety episodes in the past and I am well aware of that. I had my first on my first year in medical school. I had blood with feces so I was convinced for 2-3 weeks I had colon cancer, nothing else came to mind, this turned out to be small ulcer. 3 years later during a hard time in my life I had a panick attack as I thougt I was having a heart attack. Testicular cancer and lymphoma are also on my list in the past.
8 years ago I got tingling in my thighs and later my rigt foot was a bit weird. I was at that time studying neurology. I instantly diagnosed first symptoms of MS. As I only knew the worst case of MS, I shourtly came extremly anxious and depressed. I spoke with a neurologist who diagnosed anxiety, of course. With zoloft these symptoms faded away. I have had this MS thinking in the back of my mind ever since. 1 1/2 year ago during a stressful time in my life these symtpoms came back. The feeling in my leg was a slight different and I of coursed diagnosed my second relapse of MS, symtoms in leg must be spasticity. I examined myself every day. I started reading about MS symtoms from chat rooms and my anxiety level went thru the roof. I spoke with the same neurologist about this. Anxiety and somatic symtoms to stress he said. Zoloft again and symtoms fade away. Now these symtoms are coming back. Started after 4 week of feeling a bit depressed and I start thinking MS of course. I only read this forum as I am trying to convince myself that this is anxiety and/or depression. Started taking zoloft again an hope this will go away.
I know this could well be the starting symptoms of MS, as can any weird body sensation. I dont have signs of neurological damage so I dont have MS and would never get that diagnosis even though MRI would show white spot or whatever. I do know that I have a history of being dramatic over symtoms and hypochondria, and SSRI have always helped my.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 09:27:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline jlt831

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introduction
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 01:38:43 PM »
Hello. I am new to the forum and I am a 30 year old female with severe anxiety. It started about 2 months ago and ever since then I have had constant chest pain. I have been to my dr a few times and even went to the er and the did an EKG, ct and X-ray. They did bloodwork and urine tests and everything came back normal. Normal? I don't feel normal.. I worry about everything and stress myself to the max over everything, especially things that haven't even happened yet. I am constantly worried that I have some undiagnosed illness that they haven't discovered yet. It's getting ridiculous and I am driving my loved ones crazy. I was out on buspar about a month ago and prilosec otc because anxiety caused me to have acid reflux. Now I am on prozac because buspar didn't work and I stopped taking the prilosec because it was causing me arm tingling and numbness. I am hoping that the prozac will help because I am tired of all the worry over basically nothing because I have a good life and people that love and care about me. It doesn't make sense that I am stressed and I feel like I am crazy..:( I want to live a happy and productive life again.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: