Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stabbing pains  (Read 241 times)

Offline So worried

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stabbing pains
« on: February 21, 2014, 06:52:48 AM »
Hi I'm hoping that somebody can tell me what this is or if they have had it.  I have been getting it for a few days now stabbing pain in my shoulder, wrist, back, bum cheek and leg, mostly in my shoulder and in the left side of my body I can't remember it happening in the right side. It feels like someone is stabbing me, it has it's own pulse and lasts for about 10 mins then goes away and keeps coming back throughout the day and night, i have hardly slept the last couple of nights. I also have buzzing/vibrating in my left toe,bottom of foot and ankle, I have already put a post up on this site about that. I'm now really really worried I have Fibromyalgia (my skins been a bit sensitive to) or Peripheral neuropathy of some sort, I can't see these symptoms being anxiety :(  i have been worrying a lot lately about nerve damage pain. Can this really be anxiety? Can anxiety mess with your nervous  systems so much it causes pain and buzzing?
Bookmark and Share
No more google for me!!!!

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stabbing pains
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 10:34:01 AM »
Hi So Worried...

Yes, believe it or not, having an anxiety disorder can produce physical pain, as one of the many possible symptoms.   Anxiety is considered to be a mental health condition, but it has an abundance of physical symptoms.  Most of us here on Anxiety Zone, know about anxiety producing nausea and muscle tension, but few realize that anxiety can actually cause or contribute to intense, chronic pain.

Do keep in mind that just because we may suffer from an anxiety based condition, does not make us immune to other health ailments.  Therefore, I do suggest that you see your physician, and discuss you new symptoms with them.  Ruling-out other disorders, can oftentimes put our mind at ease.

The very best to you, So Worried!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline So worried

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 01:27:18 PM »
Hi MoblieChucko

Thanks for the reply I have been to the doctors and they have referred me for a MRI which is in march and an appointment with a neurologist which is in April I never spoke to my doctor about me being anxious because I didn't want to be fobbed off! So I never got any reassurances from him these symptoms could be cause by anxiety. I have been stressed a lot lately and then my foot started buzzing which cause me to worry about nerve damaged and not being able to excise anymore, and then I started to google all about nerve damaged and read horror story's about how people's life's are ruined with it and how they never sleep again. So now I have a full fear of ever getting that! and low and behold all this pain has suddenly started so now I'm convinced I have it!
 My appointments seem so far away when I'm worrying about this all the time. Just wanted other people's reassurance that this type of pain can come from anxiety. Thanks for the reassurance. :) if anybody else has had this please comment. Thanks :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline star57

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 03:05:01 PM »
I also get these strange pains and feelings. I get muscle spasms too. I'm worried about a brain tumor but I haven't told anyone.  Let me know how you get on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline So worried

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 04:56:34 PM »
Hi Star57 I will let you know when I get my results! You should go to the doctors and tell them you're symptoms they will be able to check you out and put you're mind at rest. I'm going back to talk to a doctor more about this to see if they can but my mind at rest at least up to the tests. :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Stabbing pains