Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: scoliosis and GERD?  (Read 263 times)

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
scoliosis and GERD?
« on: February 21, 2014, 05:26:44 AM »
HI ALL!!!! I was wondering if any of you have thoracic dextroscoliosis? I was born with it, very mild, you don't even notice the curvature in my spine. But lately I have been having pain and i had a chest xray last year and it has progressed to now going into the "moderate" category. I really don't care, except that I think that is what is causing me problems. My theory is the curvature is pushing to the right and that is why I have this constant pain inbetween my spine and right shoulderblade that shoots straight through to my right upper chest. I have been having pretty bad hip bursitis lately, and i wonder if it is because my posture is off. My other problem, every time I eat, i feel like i cant breathe for about 30-45 minutes. I have a constant tightness always no matter what i do and it is getting worse. I think this is all stemming from my back possibly. Hmmmm very frustrating. I work in gastro and i have to say although my symptoms sound like GERD could def be an issue here, it could also be cardiac or pulmonary. I did have a stress test in 2011 so i doubt cardiac, and especially since the pain is constant. GERD, yes, i have been taking a PPI for over a week and while that is helping the pain is still there. Pulmonology, never been to one. But I think this is all coming from my curved back pushing on stuff and that is why i feel pain in my right side chest. Anyone else with scoliosis or GERD/pulm/cardiac issues with a problem like this?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: