Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone else just have cyclothymia?  (Read 130 times)

Offline HaveCyclothymia

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone else just have cyclothymia?
« on: February 21, 2014, 01:03:14 AM »
Hi! I just recently talked to someone with the same disorder as me for the first time, and it was a very informative and fulfilling experience. Unfortunately this same person i likely will never see again. There are still questions and even conversations i want to have with someone else with the same disorder. If you have it, and feel like talking for a little bit, please respond. Thanks for reading.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone else just have cyclothymia?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 09:57:10 AM »
As I never heard of the condition before I would imagine others would be the same. So I am just adding an piece on what the condition is. So any other reader will understand it.

Cyclothymia also called cyclothymic disorder, is a mood disorder. Cyclothymia causes emotional ups and downs, but they're not as extreme as in bipolar disorder type I or II.

With cyclothymia, you experience periods when your mood noticeably shifts up and down from your baseline. You may feel on top of the world for a time, followed by a low period when you feel somewhat blue. Between these cyclothymic highs and lows, you may feel stable and fine.

Compared with bipolar disorder I or II, the highs and lows of cyclothymia are less extreme.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: