Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Newbie, my actual name is Stacey  (Read 79 times)

Offline Sec2993xx

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Newbie, my actual name is Stacey
« on: February 21, 2014, 12:15:24 AM »
Hi all I'm a newbie and I've joined to get help and support for my un diagnosed anxiety, I know that it sounds silly that I haven't been to see a doctor but that is my problem my anxiety kicks in when I know I have to step out the door, I get nervous and nauseas and when I get out the house I can't wait to go back in, it started christmas where I was at my relatives house and I felt all of a sudden chlostrophobic and I told my partner I'd had enough and was ready to go home and I haven't left the house much since! It's starting to control my life now and I'm only 20 years old, I have faced some trying hurdles in my life and I know think that putting it to the back of my mind is now taking its toll. I know it sounds dumb but I have no friends or people I can really talk to, I pushed my friends away knowing they were no good for me and my partner works all the time. What I could do with right know is a friend! Thank you for reading. Xxxx
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Newbie, my actual name is Stacey
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 03:33:41 AM »
Hi Stacey,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

I know how lonely anxiety and agoraphobia can make us feel.  The longer we avoid the uncomfortable situations the more scary and daunting they become.  I have found the key is to accept my anxiety and the discomfort that comes with it and still face my fears.  One of the things that have allowed me to do this is having a strong support network and friends who understand my anxiety and many of them I met here.  I hope you can find that help and support as well.  Talking to people who understand anxiety and how it effects us is invaluable and can help us so much in facing the things we fear.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline Sec2993xx

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Newbie, my actual name is Stacey
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 12:10:55 PM »
Thank you. I have been to my doctors and have been diagnosed with servere depression and anxiety. And now have to have blood samples. But i feel great knowing it wasnt just me being silly.xx
Bookmark and Share

Tags: