Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Scare of Brain Tumor  (Read 196 times)

Offline Vengence

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scare of Brain Tumor
« on: February 20, 2014, 09:05:08 PM »
i'm 18 and i've had anxiety for over 2 months now, tonight i've been experiencing this weird ringing in my right ear when i lay down and turn my head to the right or if its quiet and i focus on the sound and its scaring the crap out of me. i have headphones but one side has stopped working except the right side and i always have it in listening to music or playing games. i've also had eye floaters and flashes when looking at the sky but i've found out that floaters are common when your anaemic (iron deficiency) which i am. i also felt a bit off balanced today but its gone away, i also find it hard to concentrate or remember things sometimes. could i have a brain tumor or am i just worrying over nothing? i heard ringing in the ears is a sign of tinnitus which happens if you have a brain tumor. there are crickets outside atm, could that be what i'm hearing? yesterday i also got foggy vision and actually got up thinking something was on fire, it could be from the computer ( up to 9 hrs a day) or the way i rest my hand over my eyes when i'm relaxing i've also had sensitivity to bright light recently where my eyes would hurt, again it could be from being on the computer so much. sorry but i'm just really scared

i've also bad a full metabolism panel blood test done 3 weeks ago and everything came back normal. except for the iron deficiency anemia of course. i know brain tumors are rear, even more so at my age but still......
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scare of Brain Tumor
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
You said you listen to music a lot, unfortunately one of the burdens that will plague our generation when we are older is hearing issues, a lot of head phone use can cause ringing in the ears, and mine get's worse when I'm super stressed. I also thought I was having memory issues but I think my was from 1) the Xanax I took for a month, but mainly 2) that i was super stressed and analyzed every single thing in my body. I'm taking a psychology class right now in college, and apparently our short term memory can only hold on to things for 7 seconds because there is so much going on around us, There is even more going on when you're stressed, on a physical, and biological/hormonal/neurotransmitter level.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline hijikata

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scare of Brain Tumor
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 09:51:39 PM »
Tinnitus has so many more common reasons for being present and a Brain tumor would probably be the lowest on a Doctors priorities with a presenting sole symptom of ringing in the ears. I have constant ringing in the ears, I'm 23 and just had an MRI a couple of days ago (for different reasons) and I'm completely fine. Ringing in the ears is most likely the result of a hair follicle, jaw issues or obviously listening to music through headphones or just listening to loud music or television in general.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: